Good CD to MP3 ripper that's free

desie

OSNN Senior Addict
Hiya. I'm looking for a good CD to MP3 ripper thats free and contains no advert rubbish. I would hopefully like it to have full support for getting track names of the internet whilst ripping. Kind of like WMP9 but that just rips to WMA. Thanks if you can help out.

EAC and get the lame encoder.. works so well, you can use the database to auto name tracks also.. (much like music match)

If you have a Creative (SoundBlaster and over), you can use Creative's Play Center, it will perform anything (Mp3, Wma) you ask it, you can of course define the output quality, it is fast and reliable ;)

EAC with LAME can't be beat. (Use plextools instead of EAC if you have a plextor drive).

SPeedY_B-

iTunes is cool to encode to AAC. However, it's secure ripping is fairly undocumented and uncertain. Also, Lame is a much better, and more tested mp3 encoder.

I should mention: The most tested and reputable version of LAME is 3.90.3. Newer versions may be slightly faster, but there have been some quality tweaks to the code that have yet to be tested.

dreamliner77 said:
SPeedY_B-

iTunes is cool to encode to AAC. However, it's secure ripping is fairly undocumented and uncertain. Also, Lame is a much better, and more tested mp3 encoder.
To be perfectly honest. I don't care about the technical crap, I put my Cd in, I hit the rip button, I get a nice bunch of mp3s. They sound great to me, and that's all I'm bothered about at the end of the day.

SPeedY_B said:
To be perfectly honest. I don't care about the technical crap, I put my Cd in, I hit the rip button, I get a nice bunch of mp3s. They sound great to me, and that's all I'm bothered about at the end of the day.

I'm just saying that EAC is a secure ripper. It will eliminate skips, pops, crackles (mmm, rice crispies) caused by fingerprints, dirt, scratches, etc.

All of which I've never had a problem with since I made my first mp3, And I've never used EAC in my life.

I just think that looking at the process as anything more than CD in > Rip > CD out is over complicating the matter. :)

I agree with SPeedY. I've always loved the simplicity of iTunes for mp3 ripping and audio CD burning ever since it made its way to Windows. :)

freerip

desie said:
Hiya. I'm looking for a good CD to MP3 ripper thats free.

lookee here and see what you think, I like it and it is nice and straightforward and the adware side is optional (no such thing as a free lunch, hey?).

I will not argue with others quality arguements, but mp3 will never be top notch anyway...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back