Good CD to MP3 ripper that's free

desie

OSNN Senior Addict
Hiya. I'm looking for a good CD to MP3 ripper thats free and contains no advert rubbish. I would hopefully like it to have full support for getting track names of the internet whilst ripping. Kind of like WMP9 but that just rips to WMA. Thanks if you can help out.

mooo

thecyberninja
EAC and get the lame encoder.. works so well, you can use the database to auto name tracks also.. (much like music match)

Howling Wolf

We did not deserve this !
If you have a Creative (SoundBlaster and over), you can use Creative's Play Center, it will perform anything (Mp3, Wma) you ask it, you can of course define the output quality, it is fast and reliable ;)

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
SPeedY_B-

iTunes is cool to encode to AAC. However, it's secure ripping is fairly undocumented and uncertain. Also, Lame is a much better, and more tested mp3 encoder.

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
I should mention: The most tested and reputable version of LAME is 3.90.3. Newer versions may be slightly faster, but there have been some quality tweaks to the code that have yet to be tested.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
dreamliner77 said:
SPeedY_B-

iTunes is cool to encode to AAC. However, it's secure ripping is fairly undocumented and uncertain. Also, Lame is a much better, and more tested mp3 encoder.
To be perfectly honest. I don't care about the technical crap, I put my Cd in, I hit the rip button, I get a nice bunch of mp3s. They sound great to me, and that's all I'm bothered about at the end of the day.

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
SPeedY_B said:
To be perfectly honest. I don't care about the technical crap, I put my Cd in, I hit the rip button, I get a nice bunch of mp3s. They sound great to me, and that's all I'm bothered about at the end of the day.
I'm just saying that EAC is a secure ripper. It will eliminate skips, pops, crackles (mmm, rice crispies) caused by fingerprints, dirt, scratches, etc.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
All of which I've never had a problem with since I made my first mp3, And I've never used EAC in my life.

I just think that looking at the process as anything more than CD in > Rip > CD out is over complicating the matter. :)

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
I agree with SPeedY. I've always loved the simplicity of iTunes for mp3 ripping and audio CD burning ever since it made its way to Windows. :)

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
freerip

desie said:
Hiya. I'm looking for a good CD to MP3 ripper thats free.
lookee here and see what you think, I like it and it is nice and straightforward and the adware side is optional (no such thing as a free lunch, hey?).

I will not argue with others quality arguements, but mp3 will never be top notch anyway...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amanda99