gonna buy a PS3 soon...

Taurus

hardware monkey
rommmate had one but moved out. i'll miss it mostly as a blu-ray player and kick-ass dvd player, but want it for gaming as well. i would like to buy my own within a month.

harddrive space is not a concern for me and backwards compatibilty used to be, but i've since come to grips that my ps2 will work just fine for ps1 and ps2 games. so i was going to buy the $400 40gb one, but i just saw this; http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151

anyone know if this a preorder price only? or if the 40gb model is going to come down under $400 soon? or of there are any future model changes coming up?

If BC isnt an issue I would get the cheapest model and upgrade the hard drive later on if you need to. Also the current 80GB models come with 2 extra USB ports and mem card readers. So if you could I would go pickup an 80GB before they start selling the "new" model

i forgot to mention that hd space isn't an issue either since i could easily throw a 320 or 500gb in later. if i even find myself storing videos on it, that is. not sure if i need 4 USB ports or a mem card reader, either. but, i guess those are things that may come in handy at some point later.

i'll probably just get this newest model since it comes with the dualshock 3. hopefully it is redesigned so that it lasts longer than the original controller.

I would get the 500 dollar MSG bundle if you could, it comes with a DS3. And as far as the DS3 battery, mine is so so. Some report 4-5 days of casual play but mine goes out after 2-3.

I bought a used 20gb on ebay..yes no wifi or media reader...But i do have BC which the new models dont!

yeah, they're phasing the card readers out. wish they would keep BC. keep it going through all playstations, you know? i know BC was definitely a selling point for me with the PS2. and it would be cool to pop in a ps1 game into the ps5 for nostalgia's sake.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back