Going back to XP question

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi all,

I have finally had it with this Vista product.

I would like to save my IE7 settings/favorites, my firefox settings/favorites, and all my Windows Mail and Windows Contacts to transfer to XP.

Will XP Outlook Express be able to import Vista Mail? How about the Contacts?

If I use Express Assist 9 trial to backup my stuff, will I able to import the backup to an Xp machine?

Thanks,

Heeter

Yes Heeter
I have tested for you on Express Assist 9 .
Just load Express Assist in XP and point it to the latest Back up for Vista, and you can get back the latest copies of Windows mail , contacts , IE and Firefox Favorites and bookmarks and other settings.

Last edited:
Thanks Tweakfiend,

but will it intergrate Vista Mail/Contacts/settings with XP Outlook Mail/Contacts/settings?

I don't want to lose all my mail going back to XP.

Thanks

Heeter

Sorry Heeter
On further investigation it would be better only to us EA9 to move messages back and forwards ( not message folders ) and settings
For copying contacts Vista to XP .....choose to export from Windows Mail as "v cards" (.vcf format ) to a nominated folder and you can then import to XP Outlook Express 6 address book in this format.
You will see a complete list of individual contacts so you can import all or just some of these contacts
For copying contacts XP to Vista ... the address book exported from OE6 can be easily imported in that same format into Windows Mail.

Last edited:
Awesome, Thanks, will get on this right away, Thanks again.

The faster this machine gets back to XP, the better this network will be.

Heeter

Awesome, Thanks, will get on this right away, Thanks again.

The faster this machine gets back to XP, the better this network will be.

Heeter

My Firefox keeps freezing at odd times and .NET Framework 3.0 causes minor problems on my Pertelian vdu monitor and Bit locker wont work .. but whats a few problems !

Well if it works good for him that means its impossible that it does not work right for you ...see it has to be your fault ..

I think calling someone a noobie because there are problems in a new os is a little of the mark ...

Or its possible some people have a certain combination of hardware/drivers that don't play well together and because of that there experience has been less than stellar. Either way, name calling based ones opinion of a product is far from productive. Vista has issues, thats undeniable. Some people have been lucky enough to avoid those issues, others have not.

Yes I know. I have issues as well if you could not tell. Move on please.

omg its nlm 3 day ban

I had issues too, that was not directed at you. It was just a general statement.

I think you guys took his comment too seriously. (I am sure that) He didn't mean any harm by it. Let's get back on topic. Thank you.

*gives some stolen cookies to nlm*

sorry madmatt.. I gotta stash that I stole from you earlier that I'm handing out

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back