GoBack

J

jimkes

Hi All

Anyone have any views on Roxio's GoBack 3? I'd be glad to hear of any pros and cons.

Thanks

not a Roxio fan myself, haven't found a program they make that actually works all that well. but this is just my opinion

:cool:

i use it on my windows.net and it works perfectly

I use it on my Home version and haven't had any problems. ;)

Why use Goback when you have the system restore app. built in w/ XP? From my experience, all rescue apps, Winrescue, Goback, Uninstaller, etc., are 3rd party apps and have a tendency to not deliver the goods as promised.

Reason I even considered it in the first place was because when I inadvertently cut power to my machine during shutdown I was unable to do anything with it afterwards. (inXPerienced as I am). I must have really f****d the system up at a critical point. Anyway - I was left with re-formatting and re-installing XP - a lengthy and costly (in terms of time, files lost etc.) process for me. I saw GoBack advertised and I am running the trial download just now. In response to your comment about the system restore app.- that's OK if you can actually get XP to run - but I couldn't.

Thanks for all your comments.

XP system restore doesn't restore everything. Also for some people it just does not want to work.

I use Goback for all my business computers and have had no problems at all.

I have never used Go Back but I use Norotn Ghost. It has saved my bacon more times than I can count. I highly recommend it.

It's a program I've used for a couple of years, and I wouldn't be without it. It's saved my behind many times. One of the differences between GoBack and XP restore is that XP doesn't set many restore points. GoBack does. You can put aside up to 10% of your disk space for restores, and that's the level I use. I've had to go back several days, and GoBack handles it easily. I've used it to remove viruses, get rid of a program which didn't uninstall properly, and to restore files deleted accidentaly. All in all, it's a lifesaver.

Joel

system restore only backs up registry. GoBack reverts entire drive, but new version has deleted file recovery without re-boot and after restore, recover files after restore point.

Wilensky said
One of the differences between GoBack and XP restore is that XP doesn't set many restore points. GoBack does. You can put aside up to 10% of your disk space for restores, and that's the level I use.

Xp system Restore by default reserves up to 12% of your hard drive for restore points so depending on your harddrive size you could end up with a few days or weeks worth of restore points

i've tried system restore + am of the opinion it is a waste of time:p

the only times i needed 2 use it it hasn;t worked:(

Go back is trouble, it automatically deleted it self saying there was a problem with my boot sector, I had to format the hard drive twice before i could re-install windows xp

Also i dosent like multiple operating systems because i use

System Commander 7.5
Windows Me
Windows 2000 Pro
Windows Xp Pro

I had problems with the Goback that is packaged with Systemworks. After trying the Deluxe version, I had no problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back