Go to Windows Update Now guys

D

DrX

I have just been emailed several sites using XML and other scripts which can literally take Data from your machine without you knowing..

Go and Patch up A.S.A.P

Security Update, February 12, 2002 -- Updated yesterday !!!
510 KB/ Download Time: < 1 min
This update resolves the "Unchecked Buffer in SNMP Service Could Enable Arbitrary Code to be Run" security vulnerability in Windows 2000, and is discussed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-006. Download now to prevent a malicious user from running code of his or her choice or launching a Denial of Service (DoS) attack on your computer. Read this first

Security Update, February 13, 2002 (MSXML 3.0)
544 KB/ Download Time: < 1 min
This update resolves the "XMLHTTP Control Can Allow Access to Local Files" security vulnerability in Microsoft XML (MSXML) 3.0 and is discussed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-008. Download now to prevent a malicious user from reading the files on your computer when you visit a specially malformed Web site. Read this first

Security Update, February 11, 2002 (Internet Explorer 6)
2454 KB/ Download Time: < 1 min
The "11 February 2002 Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer" update eliminates all previous security vulnerabilities affecting Internet Explorer versions 5 and higher, including six new vulnerabilities that have not been included in any previous update, and is discussed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-005. Download now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the most serious of which could allow an attacker to run code on your computer. Read this first

Security Update, February 14, 2002 (Internet Explorer 6)
313 KB/ Download Time: < 1 min
This update resolves the "Incorrect VBScript Handling in Internet Explorer can Allow Web Pages to Read Local Files" security vulnerability in Internet Explorer 6 and Windows XP or Windows 2000, and is discussed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-009. Download now to prevent a malicious user from using an unauthorized Web site to read the contents of files on your local computer. Read this first

Security Update, November 20, 2001
788 KB/ Download Time: < 1 min
This update resolves the "Windows Media Player .asf processor contains unchecked buffer" security vulnerability in Windows Media Player, Windows Millennium Edition (Windows Me), and Windows 2000, and is discussed in Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-056. Download now to prevent a malicious user from running code of his or her choice on your computer. Read this first Already Installed

Thanks.

Did the update a few days ago. Question on the update site though. I've got the Automatic Update set to download and notify me when it's ready to install (DSL connection always on), but the update was posted on Feb 12, and the notification didn't pop up until Monday (Feb 18). Any idea why the lag time? Or is it Automatic Update only checks during certain times of day or on certain days?

I was wondering that too. I did a huge update a few days ago, then lastnight I got the alerts in my email, with 2 more MS updates dated the 13th, they werent put on the site until lastnight I guess.

Krom : The olders ones dated the 13th have been patched themselves :)

They were updated to 21 Feb

I have also seen the latest exploits and MS updated their patch ASAP .:p

How do you get emails from Microsoft telling you about patches?

Thanks.

Re: Thanks.

Originally posted by Alliedsvcs
Did the update a few days ago. Question on the update site though. I've got the Automatic Update set to download and notify me when it's ready to install (DSL connection always on), but the update was posted on Feb 12, and the notification didn't pop up until Monday (Feb 18). Any idea why the lag time? Or is it Automatic Update only checks during certain times of day or on certain days?

The reason why it was 5 days later that it was downloaded is because if the testing process they go thought before they release a security fix. Apprently they have to test it in all lanuages and all different OS types before release.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back