gmail usiong outlook 2003

Hey has anyone set up gmail using pop 3 and outlook 2003? im intrested in doing this and was wondering
1. if it can be done
2. a slight walkthrough to save me some troubleshooting time.
3. back up my gmail incase google ever drops the ball. lol i dont know about you but if i lost it i would be screwed.

yep yep... that's the link to help you ;)

Use it for my router logs... not sure why, get hundreds of logs everyday in my outlook via gmail. :p

oh, one thing that you may need to look at is whether you want to keep a copy of the emails on the server or to move them on to your pc.
I, and I'm sure most others, keep a copy on the server... as backup (since we have like 2.7G of storage on there.)

done its working thanks.

im goiing to save to a .pst file and leave the mail in gmail as well. that way i have two forms of back ups. hehe.

.PST's are awesome.

Another good thing to note is that with Office 2003, .PST's are reliable over 2GB (a limit in place with Office XP and older). I have read they have been tested and reliable up as high as 20GB, but I dont know how accurate that is.

kcnychief said:
.PST's are awesome.

Another good thing to note is that with Office 2003, .PST's are reliable over 2GB (a limit in place with Office XP and older). I have read they have been tested and reliable up as high as 20GB, but I dont know how accurate that is.

Like what kind of emails are you getting? lol
Just throwing in everything that exists on your C: drive into your calendar or whuchever folder in outlook?

I suppose signing up for junk mail and letting it accumulate would speed things up.

It does work, but there are so many features available on the web version (such as labels, threading, and archiving), that I usually just use the web version. Heck, I even have spare gmail accounts forwarding things to my primary gmail account.

Theres even a way to filter non gmail accounts through gmail for the spam filtering (requires some advanced filter configuration though)

ming said:
Like what kind of emails are you getting? lol
Just throwing in everything that exists on your C: drive into your calendar or whuchever folder in outlook?

I suppose signing up for junk mail and letting it accumulate would speed things up.

I get a lot of e-mail, and I save everything.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back