• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

gmail usiong outlook 2003

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
Hey has anyone set up gmail using pop 3 and outlook 2003? im intrested in doing this and was wondering
1. if it can be done
2. a slight walkthrough to save me some troubleshooting time.
3. back up my gmail incase google ever drops the ball. lol i dont know about you but if i lost it i would be screwed.

ming

OSNN Advanced
yep yep... that's the link to help you ;)

Use it for my router logs... not sure why, get hundreds of logs everyday in my outlook via gmail. :p

ming

OSNN Advanced
oh, one thing that you may need to look at is whether you want to keep a copy of the emails on the server or to move them on to your pc.
I, and I'm sure most others, keep a copy on the server... as backup (since we have like 2.7G of storage on there.)

VenomXt

Blame me for the RAZR's
done its working thanks.

im goiing to save to a .pst file and leave the mail in gmail as well. that way i have two forms of back ups. hehe.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
.PST's are awesome.

Another good thing to note is that with Office 2003, .PST's are reliable over 2GB (a limit in place with Office XP and older). I have read they have been tested and reliable up as high as 20GB, but I dont know how accurate that is.

ming

OSNN Advanced
kcnychief said:
.PST's are awesome.

Another good thing to note is that with Office 2003, .PST's are reliable over 2GB (a limit in place with Office XP and older). I have read they have been tested and reliable up as high as 20GB, but I dont know how accurate that is.
Like what kind of emails are you getting? lol
Just throwing in everything that exists on your C: drive into your calendar or whuchever folder in outlook?

I suppose signing up for junk mail and letting it accumulate would speed things up.

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
It does work, but there are so many features available on the web version (such as labels, threading, and archiving), that I usually just use the web version. Heck, I even have spare gmail accounts forwarding things to my primary gmail account.

Theres even a way to filter non gmail accounts through gmail for the spam filtering (requires some advanced filter configuration though)

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
ming said:
Like what kind of emails are you getting? lol
Just throwing in everything that exists on your C: drive into your calendar or whuchever folder in outlook?

I suppose signing up for junk mail and letting it accumulate would speed things up.
I get a lot of e-mail, and I save everything.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage