Gmail notify error

FishBoy

Feeeesh
today i logged on my computer and out of nowhere gmail notify stopped working and opens that website, i can double click on it and get to my inbox though, i just tried reinstalliing and samething happened

I'm not sure what you mean, but today my Gmail notifier just shows an ! on the icon and says temporarly signed out....I can still go to inbox, but it dosent show me new mail or what not....?

I'm having the same problem here as well.
I wouldn't be suprised if the problem is caused by changes to the gmail login procedure without them updating their Gmail Notifier software. In some places gmail requests you type a random string of letters as they are displayed in an image, perhaps the notifier is being confused by this request.

Did a bit of searching, didn't find a straightforward solution. A lot of people seem to be having this problem as well.

Please post if anyone finds anything.

yup its not working, maybe theres an updated version we have to get, im too tired to look now

themafia.69 said:
yup its not working, maybe theres an updated version we have to get, im too tired to look now

I don't think so, I still use the Gmail Notifier 1.0.21.0 eventhough it periodicaly and silently forces the download and installation of 1.0.24.0 ... (have to modify the registry key under Run so that 1.0.21.0 starts and not 1.0.24.0, I delete the installation folder aswell).
Why I do this ? It's just because I don't like the 1.0.24.0's icons and much prefer 1.0.21.0's ones.

Anyway, it still works here... ;)

stopped working for me today as well...I get the ! and get the weird invalid page

it happened to me a few days ago but it's working fine again.

I had a problem one time about 4 days ago. Since then I've had no issues at all with Gmail Notifier 1.0.24.0.

rotjong

themafia.69 said:
still not workin for me

Hmmm... You can login to your account by double-clicking on it but it is erroring when it checks for new email.

I suppose, depending how they have it programmed, that it may be timing out and thus causing the problem. I say this because of our geographic locations. You're on the other side of the Atlantic. It could be a fault on the part of Google or it could be a problem somewhere along the path to the Google servers.

Of course, Gmail has made updates on numerous occasions. What version of the Notifier you are using should have some of an impact.

rotjong

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back