Glossy or Matte?

Screen. Glossy screen, or Matte screen for the MacBook Pro.

I've heard a few horror stories regarding glossy screens, so I'm going to stick to the matte for my upcoming MacBook Pro purchase.

Melon

Unfortunately, not had the chance to use a glossy screen yet, though from what I've read, it seems to all come down to personal opinion, and how each user utilises their machine.

Personally I really dig the glossy screen of my MacBook. Its much much better for movies and such

I like the glossy screen better then the mat

I am just afraid to clean it

I like the glossy screen better then the mat

I am just afraid to clean it

Same here. I've been meaning to buy some iClear polish and a soft cloth for a while now.

I don't have a strong preference, but I do like the glossy screen on my MacBook. The only place it's a problem is outside in the glaring sun -- but I don't often use mine in that setting.

Did not have the glossy at the Mac store, so instead I got the matte. I am really happy with my new laptop :D

I think the colours are much richer on glossy screens, but u get more light reflected off it compared to matte screens.

I do like the colors a tad more on glossy screens but the amount of light it reflects just makes it annoying to me.

I ended up going with the matte for my macbook pro and like it. I always look around the room when my professor is ranting incoherently and notice everyone else uses a glossy screen on their PC / Mac. All the lights from the room reflect off of the screen as well as their face / everyone behind them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back