• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Glossy or Matte?

melon

MS-DOS 2.0
Political User
I've heard a few horror stories regarding glossy screens, so I'm going to stick to the matte for my upcoming MacBook Pro purchase.

Melon

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Unfortunately, not had the chance to use a glossy screen yet, though from what I've read, it seems to all come down to personal opinion, and how each user utilises their machine.

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I like the glossy screen better then the mat

I am just afraid to clean it
Same here. I've been meaning to buy some iClear polish and a soft cloth for a while now.

I don't have a strong preference, but I do like the glossy screen on my MacBook. The only place it's a problem is outside in the glaring sun -- but I don't often use mine in that setting.

Luna

OSNN Senior Addict
I do like the colors a tad more on glossy screens but the amount of light it reflects just makes it annoying to me.

I ended up going with the matte for my macbook pro and like it. I always look around the room when my professor is ranting incoherently and notice everyone else uses a glossy screen on their PC / Mac. All the lights from the room reflect off of the screen as well as their face / everyone behind them.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown