Glossy or Matte?

melon

MS-DOS 2.0
Political User
I've heard a few horror stories regarding glossy screens, so I'm going to stick to the matte for my upcoming MacBook Pro purchase.

Melon

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Unfortunately, not had the chance to use a glossy screen yet, though from what I've read, it seems to all come down to personal opinion, and how each user utilises their machine.

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
Personally I really dig the glossy screen of my MacBook. Its much much better for movies and such

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
I like the glossy screen better then the mat

I am just afraid to clean it
Same here. I've been meaning to buy some iClear polish and a soft cloth for a while now.

I don't have a strong preference, but I do like the glossy screen on my MacBook. The only place it's a problem is outside in the glaring sun -- but I don't often use mine in that setting.

ming

OSNN Advanced
I think the colours are much richer on glossy screens, but u get more light reflected off it compared to matte screens.

Luna

OSNN Senior Addict
I do like the colors a tad more on glossy screens but the amount of light it reflects just makes it annoying to me.

I ended up going with the matte for my macbook pro and like it. I always look around the room when my professor is ranting incoherently and notice everyone else uses a glossy screen on their PC / Mac. All the lights from the room reflect off of the screen as well as their face / everyone behind them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetHip