Ginamsi.dll - Disabled Windows Welcome Screen?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Hey all,

Basically my Windows is different. It will pop up asking me for a password in a box, rather than the welcome screen. Also when I click Ctrl+alt+delete it pops up a window that makes me select task manager, log off, switch users, etc. I don't want it, I want it where it automatically pops up Task Manager.

Someone told me that for some reason the Welcome Screen is disabled. I went to go change that, and I get this:

A program has turned off Windows Welcome screen, to turn it on the program must be uninstalled. This may help you determine what program it is:

ginamsi.dll in C:\Windows\system32

Any ideas?

PCAnywhere maybe? I know that does it

JJB

its far easier to solve the problem than to find the source of it so go to control panel click users and look for change the way users log off and check the welcome screen and check out the fus option if u feel inclined if it goes back to the way it was then sorry i cant help as i dont know what programs youve got

You probably have an Microstar motherboard. Ginamsi.dll belongs to the MSI Smartkey application.

Actually,

I have an Asus A7V333 Motherboard... HOWEVER, I do have an MSI Geforce4 Ti4400. What am I to do with the file? How can I change that?

Do you have anything like Smartkey under add/remove options in controlpanel? Smartkey is a security feature that comes with some MSI mobos. A little USB-key to lock the computer. Don't have it myself. Don't believe it has something to do with the graphicscard, but I'm not sure.

No, but I DO have Lockbox.

I installed that, and got the details for the installation:

File in use 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\ginamsi.dll'.
Unable to delete registry value 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\ginadll'.

Lockbox should be the right. Did you reboot after uninstalling? (I guess you meant un..)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back