Gigabyte vs Asus

J

joey

I'm planning to buy a 478 motherboard with intel 845PE chip set.

I found both Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra and ASUS P4PE are both good, which one is better? Why?

ASUS got "Serial ATA (optional)", what is it different from RAID ATA133?

Originally posted by joey
I'm planning to buy a 478 motherboard with intel 845PE chip set.

I found both Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra and ASUS P4PE are both good, which one is better? Why?

ASUS got "Serial ATA (optional)", what is it different from RAID ATA133?
Serial ATA is faster, however, harddrives do not support it yet, in fact, most drives still are only ATA100. Maxtor has only the ATA133 support.
As for ASUS vs. Gigabyte, well, it's a mixed bag really. I had always had ASUS boards until I got the A7V-333. That thing was horrible. I couldn't even boot Windows with the slowest timings (100 fsb, crappy memory timings). I had to ship the thing back. My current Gigabyte is awesome, stable (rock solid). It's never crashed once, and it's been running for a while now. Both are awesome brands, and both have had crappy boards as well. I read one ASUS board was having problems, but I can't remember which one!

I had many different boards before, ASUS, Shuttle, but, nothing like a Gigabyte board. This is my first one, and I love it. BIOS update features are awsome. It's an AWSOME board.
I would reccomend getting anything Gigabyte, especially
Ga-7VRXP

this board kicks major ass

i havent had a true system crash yet in the months since ive had it

gigabyte all the way

i dunno

My first MotherBoard i had was a Ga-7VRXP
It didn't work right out of teh box, I was installing Windows XP, and teh VGA slot went ::pOOF::
I sent it back and they sent me a new on, it sits in its box in my attic, I bought a ASUS AV7333, and I have had no problems with it.

I would recomend going to MotherBoards.org, they rate teh newest mother boards...

I actually tried both socket 370 boards -- ASUS CUSL2 and Gigabyte GA-60XM7E, both 815e chipset.

I found CUSL2 faster to boot up, while GA-60XM7E much easier to setup especially when I add new hardwares.

Just wonder does it have anything to do with the motherboard?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back