Gigabyte Motherboard

Any input out there on the Nforce boards (K7N420 pro) specifically MSI MS-6373. Just curious how they perform in general.

nForce boards are great, but there are a few problems with them that can't be avoided:

1.) They share your system memory, this can be good or bad, depending on whether or not you can increase/decrease it from the BIOS, but sometimes it's ok if you can't, but IMO, don't get one like that unless it shares 64 MB or more of the system RAM, bad thing about this is if you've only got 128 MB RAM, or even 256, XP will slow way down.

2.) Yes, the MSI one is great, very stable, and only around $140 (USD Retail) the last time I checked, the problem with it being that the onboard chip is only a GeForce2 MX series, which is definitely not gonna be a major performer, esp with the new nVIDIA's coming out in Q3.

3.) Drivers, nForce chipsets will not run with Detonator drivers, and as far as I know nVIDIA has never "optimized" them so to speak, another problem in that area, is that some motherboard manufacturers may say that nForce drivers will not work with their board, and you will have to use your mobo company's drivers, which can be good or bad depending on how much time they've spent on them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back