Giants are the Champs

American Zombie

Staff member
Political Access
New York Giants turns in a fairly dominating performance in the Super Bowl winning the game 17-14. The Patriots scored 7 points in the second quarter and did not score again until the fourth quarter.

Who would have guessed the patriots would not score a single point for a whole quarter?

I think the giants were the lowest seeded team to reach the super bowl too.

Correct?

In the NFC, yes. I was hoping the Giants would win only so I could see some great losing faces. The Patriots delivered.

Unbelievable. Tonight's game was a historic one that will be referenced for years, probably decades. Possibly the greatest upset in NFL history due to the 19-0 record being on the line. My Cowboys beat the Giants twice this year, but couldn't beat them when it mattered in the playoffs. At least I can now say we lost to the Super Bowl Champions. :)

This was a a good ol' fashion defensive beating. Great game plan from the Giants on both sides of the ball. I wished I had put a bet down, the spread was 12, would have won the under too.

What will be talked about too is why the Patriots did not attempt a field goal in the 3rd quarter instead of going for it on 4th down and failing to make it. The game could have went into overtime if they had made the field goal.

Man I hate the Patriots, well not as much as the Cowboys or the Packers but pretty damn close. :p I was rooting for the Giants all through the playoffs. Even back when they lost to New England the last game of the season. Oh man that was sooooooo good watching Brady getting knocked on his ass so many times. He looked so... ordinary. Hey, they beat the 3 teams I hate the most. Weeeeeeee :D

What will be talked about too is why the Patriots did not attempt a field goal in the 3rd quarter instead of going for it on 4th down and failing to make it. The game could have went into overtime if they had made the field goal.

It would have been a 49 yard attempt. If I remember correctly from what was said by the announcers.

Stunning upset, I'd dare say it to be the biggest upset in NFL history. Quite possibly in pro sports history. The Giants had the perfect game plan and the Pat seemed completely out of their game. I bet if you knew nothing of the game, just that one team was undefeated heading in, you'd have to guess that team was the Giants. They played tremendously.

It's funny, now Eli has bragging rights on Payton. They flip the script from last year to this year. Hah!

Perhaps one of the best Super Bowl games ever. I don't care about the records, that's purely a media thing. The game itself was excellent.

my

friggin

gawd...

the pats have too many tools

they can hit the giants from everywjere

there is no area the giants are better

eli just doesn't have the tools

the giant defense can not stop the patriots

I have never ever EVER seen so many "experts" go the wrong way, usually SOMEBODY wants to take a swing just to have controversy

hey, I don't know how many of you people know this but I used to manage a poker room

the sports book used to tell me the following;

if you ask twenty five people which team will win and they all go with the same team, bet the other team, the line is gonna be too steep

since he told me that every game I wanted to bet his advice has not failed

Last edited:
I headed down to Times Square after the victory last night, and it was unbelievable! Almost felt like New Year's eve again. Brilliant. :D

The Patriots' two most recent losses were heartbreakers, both coming at the hands of the Manning brothers.

I never really had a take on this years NFL season. With all of the hype surrounding the Brady the Hoodie and the entire Pats, I was truly happy to see little manning get a ring.

The bottom line is The Pats were arrogant thinking they would win and have a perfect 18-0 and a super bowl. I guess karma is a bitch with the video scandal during the season. but, bah! The Giants just pounded with tough defense. and as always Defense wins games. Hats off to you!! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back