Giant Antispyware - Better than Ad-Aware and Spybot combined ..

O.k .. I am going to do a test of my own. I will turn off all protection on my pc, go to all the "NON" normal sites. Say yes to all java apps, download as many apps from themexp as I can. And install any spyware proned app I can find. Then give you my results.

Seeing that there seems to be some arguing over which is better. I will use the following to test it:
  • Spybot
  • Adaware Pro
  • Webroot
  • Giant
I will let you know my results with pics for proof ... Wish me luck, for I am about to kill a pc to do this.

I have read this thread with interest and believe it is horses for courses in some ways.

I use Adaware SE Pro Spybot, Spyware Blaster Spyware Sweeper,Pest Patrol,TDS3, it may be overkill but it works for me, end result I have safe and clean system.

One thing I have have learnt, there is no one program that is a panacea for all things and I would treat any program that says so, with a very wary eye.

Devious tactics are used with some programs, Spyhunter comes to mind, bought that and binned it.

End result we all are always learning and try to be ahead of it all.

My 2 cents worth :)

Funny thing, just had an e-mail saying Pest Patrol 2005 is out wanting $20 to get the updated version, only had it 10 months or so.

I have just downloaded Giant on a trial and it got Messenger Plus, anyway will give it a whirl and keep an open mind, if I am happy with it will stay and Pest Patrol will go.

Whilst I am happy buying programs that do the task, I do not have a bottomless pit of money, some of these Software Companies are getting greedy :(

I really like the program. The deep scan takes a long time but i installed it at my friends uncles house and he has a bunch of crap so maybe thats why it took way longer than ad-ware usally takes when i do a deep scan. Anywho...I like the program and how it has the real time protection :).

The reason Giant gts Mesaneger pluss is because Messenger PLus is a spyware loaded app. The installer instulls the damn stuff whether you said no or not.

Giant and whatever else can keep killing it imo.

LordOfLA said:
The reason Giant gts Mesaneger pluss is because Messenger PLus is a spyware loaded app. The installer instulls the damn stuff whether you said no or not.

No it doesn't.If you tell it no then it does not install it

i like the adaware, xcleaner, hijack-this, webroot suite for cleaning out the crapware.

always run it in safe mode tho. cleans stuff faster, then i do a full norton scan in safe mode too.

this last computer i just did had a total of 972 items that were removed. 5 had to be done manually.

moto: "You dont always have to click Yes."

Evil Marge said:
No it doesn't.If you tell it no then it does not install it

I told it no. It said "pffft" and installed it anyway. Even Adaware said so. So there.

/me stamps foot

:D

ur computer has a mind of its own then lol, or maybe u had spyware that can alter ur choice on the option dialog for msn plus, who knows

polyglory said:
Funny thing, just had an e-mail saying Pest Patrol 2005 is out wanting $20 to get the updated version, only had it 10 months or so.

I have just downloaded Giant on a trial and it got Messenger Plus, anyway will give it a whirl and keep an open mind, if I am happy with it will stay and Pest Patrol will go.

Whilst I am happy buying programs that do the task, I do not have a bottomless pit of money, some of these Software Companies are getting greedy :(

Done the trial and purchased it and I am happy with it. :)

PestPatrol is a pest. I haven't tried the new one, but the older ones would give wrning for everything. And I mean everything .. It drove me nuts. I couldn't open a text file without it promting me of some stupid warning. I can't stand the program ..

Johnny said:
PestPatrol is a pest. I haven't tried the new one, but the older ones would give wrning for everything. And I mean everything .. It drove me nuts. I couldn't open a text file without it promting me of some stupid warning. I can't stand the program ..

I had my doubts as well and have taken the option to do the upgrade for $15 and it appears to be a completely different program than the old one, far superior so far , time will tell.

My view , it seems to become an annual event, if they don't cut the mustard, then they are history and only the strongest will survive, the way it should be. :rolleyes:

Treize Diamond said:
It looks like Giant is owned by Microsoft now....is that good or bad?
Nobody can say yet. The current beta release from MS doesn't include any changes to the core. It's just a rebranded version of Giant's product. The final release, however, should contain any changes that Microsoft plans to implement. That's when we'll get to see whether it improved or got worse. :)

only god knows, lol, will probaly have a huge button that says, INSTALL ALL SPYWARE NOW!

_kC_ said:
but considering adaware and spybot find more things and are free.. why waste your money on a trashy app thats cant do its job?
well said

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back