Ghost 2003 or TrueImage 6

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
Any recommendation on which is best, Ghost 2003 or True Image 6?

One point, I have found in the past, is that, whichever you use, it is best to use quality CDs.

There is nothing worse than being halfway through an image install, than to find the message, 'cannot read media' and then finding, that on rebooting, you are left with the message 'No Operating System.'

Is there an easy way out of a situation like that?

Also, True Image claim that you can move your hard drive image from an old computer to a new one. I wouldn't have thought that this would work, because of the hardware differences. It is quite different from just installing a new hard drive on a computer and copying the old hard drive. Anyone managed to do this?

I prefer True Image. Never had a problem with it. Ghost gave me an error about the image it made, when I was trying to restore it.

Hi,

I like Norton Ghost. With Norton Ghost you can write images directly to Tape or CD. You can split images while writing them, or you can split them at a later time with Ghost Explorer. Ghost Explorer even allows you to add or remove files from a .GHO image.

I'm not familiar with Drive Image or True Image.

With kind regards,

Willem Moolenaar

I have used both Ghost and Drive Image and neither has failed me yet. Never tried True Image myself and have heard some good words about it.

Ghost I found works really good when backing up to CD's. It's the main one I use when working on systems in my shop.

Drive Image however contains a lite version of Partition Magic so you can easily create a new partition on your drive to backup to if you don't have a CD-R drive.

Just my 2 cents :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back