GFX small fan

03bigMark03

Hiya, I don't know the measurments but I know it's quiet small! I'm looking for a 2 pin fan that will screw on to the top of my graphics card heat sink. I'm overclocking my Geforce 2 MX 400 w/64MB SDRAM (adding heat sinks on to them as well but got them) w/tv out. Thanks. I am rather skint so if you got one lying around your basement that would be great, send it to me or if you know any good UK shops then please recomend them. I based in UK.

Nope none of them sites have a small 40 mil or so 2 pin fan.

Originally posted by 03bigMark03
Nope none of them sites have a small 40 mil or so 2 pin fan.

Any small fan should work ok. Just cut the 2 pin connector (with a little wire to work with) off your old fan, cut the connector off the new fan, and attach the old connector to the new fan. You might have to get creative in mounting the fan though. I replaced one recently and epoxied the non-moving fan hub to the heatsink. Works like a charm. :)

:) but I don't have a small fan :eek: and were can i get one. I could solder the points I don't have a spare two pin connecter and I would also screw the fan onto the heat sink.

does your video card happen to have a fan header on it, even though it came with a passive heatsink?

if not, you'll just plug the fan into the mobo via the normal 3-pin connector on most fans.

Yes the graphics card has a 2 pin fan connecter on it. Thats why I want to buy a two pin small fan.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/products/module.asp?CartID=030527184350349&moduleno=32444&modulecode=
32444i0.jpg
2 pin vga cooler, like i said right up at the start of the post MAPLINS there should be 1 within 20 miles. its £7.99

Originally posted by taurus
does your video card happen to have a fan header on it, even though it came with a passive heatsink?

if not, you'll just plug the fan into the mobo via the normal 3-pin connector on most fans.

Or grab a little pigtail connector that connects to one of the main harddrive/cdrom pigtails they sell those :)

Yer I sore that but it looks a little big and just want a simple two pin fan.

Sometimes it is possible to fit a little fan from a 486 onto the card it has been done many times ... Hell I fitted a coolmaster fan from an Athlon1800 onto a card one time LOLOL now I use a thermaltake G4mode cooler with the cool blue light << adds to cooling 2-3 degrees for sure huh :p

Cool, but ere were can I BUY a small 40 mil or so fan. It would be nice for it to have to pins

they're pretty easy to find. that's just a quick one i found, but it's in the US. find some case accessory store sites in and around england... they'll sell all different sizes of fans.

if the viddy card has the 2 mounting holes in it, the £7.99 tk 40mm graphics card fan. it has the 2 pins u want, it is a 40mm fan, no pi$$ing about mounting it to the heatsink as the thermaltake has its own heatsink built in and is designed for video cards, its not too big as you said, and perfect for the job you need it to do.

Originally posted by GoNz0
if the viddy card has the 2 mounting holes in it, the £7.99 tk 40mm graphics card fan. it has the 2 pins u want, it is a 40mm fan, no pi$$ing about mounting it to the heatsink as the thermaltake has its own heatsink built in and is designed for video cards, its not too big as you said, and perfect for the job you need it to do.
The EKL also has a built-in heatsink. Or was that what you meant? :)

It's alright guys I nicked one of an old Pentium-S machine that has a pass through PSU connecter PSU connection = ,power to fan = PSU connection. Trouble is it's gona be a hell of a job trying to fit the b*gger.

diffrent design, but the same thing really, except i cant see any 2 pin plug on that one its got a 4 pin pass through adapter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back