GFX Card/Monitor Troubles

• Thread starter shotgun666uk
  • Start date
S

shotgun666uk

Ive got a P4 machine with an ATI Rage 128 (32Mb) AGP card and a 19" Hyundai Imagequest G210 monitor. The display seems to be 'jumping' up and down ever so slightly and when moving from different coloured backgrounds (eg opening up an explorer page with a white background) the brightness of the screen dips.

Im running it at...

1024X768 in 32bit colour, monitor refresh 100Mhz

Ive tried altering the refresh rate of the monitor but this dosnt seem to have any effect

Any advice would be appreciated.

would this still cause the display to shake about. If you look closely at it it appears to be moving up and down

Sounds like some drunken electrons in there :) :rolleyes:

Seriously now: Have you checked your monitor cable?

If possible, try using a different monitor on your PC, and/or your monitor on another PC. This way you can narrow the problem down to either the monitor or the PC.

If both monitors function fine in the other PC, I would check your AC power (from the wall outlet); maybe it's a bit low or "unclean" something.

Originally posted by shotgun666uk
would this still cause the display to shake about. If you look closely at it it appears to be moving up and down
I would guess it could. Is this a new effect or has the monitor been like this allways?

sorry for the late reply...

Originally posted by Zedric
I would guess it could. Is this a new effect or has the monitor been like this allways?

Its always been like this! The only time it seems to have got 'better' is when I upped the refresh rate but its still noticable.

Power does seem a likely candidate... the building is old and there are quite a few other electrical devices in use in the same room (although nothing that uses a lot of 'juice')

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back