Gfx artifacting

acstua

OSNN Junior Addict
Just got a new nforce2 board, reinstalled XP over the top, etc
but now i get serious glitchs in Bf1942, and i aint got anything overclocked

pics > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/i.j.stuart/bf

now ive noticed the back of the vid card, directly behind core, is red hot nearly

and the chipset on the mobo (epox 8rda3+) has a heatsink only, which is also red hot.

heat be the cause?

anyother ideas?

cheers

Originally posted by acstua
Just got a new nforce2 board, reinstalled XP over the top, etc
but now i get serious glitchs in Bf1942, and i aint got anything overclocked

pics > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/i.j.stuart/bf

now ive noticed the back of the vid card, directly behind core, is red hot nearly

and the chipset on the mobo (epox 8rda3+) has a heatsink only, which is also red hot.

heat be the cause?

anyother ideas?

cheers

ok couple of questions... what make is the gfx card.. are you overclocking anything at all... not just the cpu that is... do you have issues like this in any other gmae?

it does look a lot like a heat related problem but if it is it should surface in other games/3d apps as well I would think...

post detailed system specs as well so we can help you...

Albatron ti4200P Turbo
Default clock speeds

Default clock speeds for everything else atm

XP2500+
EPoX EP-8RDA3+
2x PC2700 Ram, twinmos and cruical 512meg atm
Audigy2
Ti4200P Turbo Albatron
Aero7+ heatsink

not noticed any issues in other games, but atm only have halflife installed.
it doesnt do this in 3dmark 2k1 or 2k3 either

using latest nforce and det's
1.45? and 43.45 ? respectively

there was a glitch or two on the 3dmark2k3 test when the trolls are all jumping off the top of a building and doing somersaults downwards

CPU & Mobo temp ?
Just plug in correcly the analog display cable into mobo . I own the 8RDA and happened somethin' similar during boot when wasn't plugged oko .. just as an ideea .

i have unplugged and plugged back in the vid card
no help

my old gF2 GTS seemed fine in this mobo too

the gf4 seemed fine in another PC

temps r about the same as b4 mobo swap

mbm5info[1803MHz CPU, CPU 50°C, System 39°C, HDD 37°C, PSU 12°C, Fan 1 2376RPM, Fan 2 2410RPM, Fan 3 3552RPM, Core 0 1.62v, Core 1 1.65v, +3.3 2.61v, +5.00 5.03v, +12.00 11.98v, -12.00 -7.09v, -5.00 -5.29v]

after playin a game for over an hour
and me pc is in a cupboard :p

ive put a hdd cooler on the other side of the card, and a chipset fan on the mobo chipset now.

still sameprobs

If there are no prob. with other games or other app. your should try a patch for this game :eek:

just been patched a while ago, was fine with that patch.

problems only happened after ne wmobo installed

just been patched a while ago, was fine with that patch.

problems only happened after ne wmobo installed

if this is a problem with just this game.. it may be specific to the game rather than universal..

the glitching you see with the ragdoll emulation with 3dmark03 trolls is possibly just due to low frame rate... unless it is a problem other than this according to you...

try reinstalling BF and install any patches that you can find again...

really can't say anything else beyond this point since problems seem to be specific to this game only...

Ive reinstalled it serveral times ;/

and ive never had a problem with the rag doll bit of 3dmark b4

Ive reinstalled it serveral times ;/

and ive never had a problem with the rag doll bit of 3dmark b4

ah...

hmm...

and you have no problems with anything else using this card ?

if it is at all possible.. install your card in another system (reasonably powerful preferably) and try running the same tests you are doing so now... yes.. it is time consuming but it is a good way of pinpointing the source of the problem...

if the card shows the same problems... it is probably the culprit and perhaps you can RMA it... if the games work fine... it is something else...

ive only tried Halflife (aint exactly gfx pushing) and Bf1942:DC
and 3dmark03

Ive tried it on another pC, played bf1942 with no glitches.

But the pc was only a ahtlon 800mhz, and werent very happy running bf1942 in any sort of detail.
BUT
i had lowered the detail on bf1942 to low and 640x480 on my pc and still got glitches

another thing is that i under-clocked the card by about 100mhz on the core and mem, and still got glitches :|

Still fudged, and i just put a £250 radeon 9800pro in......

reckon motherboard is broke, and pumpin out too much voltage on the agp slot or something.
gonna send it back.

You can check the AGP voltage in bios or sisoft sandra. See if they are high.

One other possibility is that your 2 ram modules are mismatched brands. Try turning off the Dual DDR in Bios and see if the artifacts clear up. There have been reports of problems when running different ram moduel type in Dual DDR. Or take one module out.

If it is mismatched Ram see if you can trade someone for a matched set.

i tried it in non-dual ddr setup, same problem.

i havent tried it with just one 512 stick in tho.
but if ive tried it in Dual DDR and non-Dual DDR mode should be ok yus?

hope so cause i just arranged to send my mobo back, get a refund, and ordered a abit nf7-s v2

btw, the card was nearly too hot to touch when in, on the oppisite side of the actual core.

Surely this aint right?

also.. Im pretty sure there aint a DualDDR option on the boards, its an automatic thing as long as u got the memory in slot1

btw, the card was nearly too hot to touch when in, on the oppisite side of the actual core.

Surely this aint right?

newer cards do heat up a fair amount but the memory is designed to handle the temps as is the pcb... you should not have any problems...

if you want you can add fans/ram sinks to aid cooling...

i did, to no effect, glitches.
and the glitches tend to get worse to a point the longer yer in the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back