GForce-series?

G

G-Lizard86

Hey i'm gonna buy me a new vidcard and first i wanna know like what are the best geforces in the II, III and IV series? I'm not such an extreme gamer but a good graphics card would be nice, i haven't got the money for a GF4 Ti series..that's for sure, but what about the GF3 series? are they any good?

Id rather by the radeon 9000 pro or the radeon 8500. They produce better graphics and video than the geforce's - if thats your concern.

you could get a gainward or a leadtek gf4 4200ti they don`t cost that much these day`s.

Yeah but i'm in holland u know...and i can't buy from the internet cause i'm just 15 yo, in holland the GF4 Ti series is about 400-500 dollars....if you recalculate from euros that is, maybe even more...

havent u got a reletive that could purchase u one thru his/her credit card from the uk.ive seen 4200ti`s for about £120 not sure what that is in euro`s tho.

ive never had a radeon ive always stuck with the geforce cards.

Id say go buy a Geforce4 Ti4400, the gainward cards are especially good with alot of extra features others dont't have.

Also Leadtek & Visiontek have good cards. Or if you can wait go for the new ATI 9700, as its beating the GF4 Ti4600, according to reviews. Id assume the final retail 9700 (released in Sept) will be the same.

i dont think he has the cash for a 4400/4600 ti

windows xp pro
amd athlon xp 1700+
896mb pc2100 ddr ram
jetway 866as ultra motherboard
leadtek gf4 ti4400 128mb ddr 301/618
40gb 5200rpm seagate
60gb 7200rpm maxtor
liteon 32x12x40 re-writer
pioneer slot 16x dvd
realtek 10/100 family fast ethernet nic
cable modem 1mbps
19" lg flatron monitor
Logitech Dual Optical mouse
creative soundworks digital

right now all costs are going down..

my card cost me 134 dollars incl shipping and everything and it is the retail 8500.. NOT the LE..

I have seen the 64mb version of the 4200 online for almost as much... remember the 64mb 4200 has higher core clock speed than the 128mb version... so that or the 8500/9000pro series are not bad investments...

all depends...

would not buy a g3 series unless you get an upper level ti500

Good call Sazar :) (about getting Ti500 or better) prices are going down, I've seen Ti4200's for £130 max. Personally I wouldnt get one, but to upgrade what more could you ask for, (apart from salary increase, nice weather, drop dead gorgeous women, alcohol..)!!!!!!!!!! :D

can you give me a few good sites....? i know about tomshardware...and some others..but there is oh so much to learn for me:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back