gf4 tv-out problem

O

oilisab

I've got a geforce 4 ti 4200 8x with tv-out
I have managed to see soemthing on the TV but the
image has a bad resolution.
I can barely read what's on tv, I mean I do see something
but it is hard do read letters because the image on tv has a low quality.

How can I fix this so I can get a better image on TV??

basically you can't.

TV's don't display text very well...that's just the way it is.

TVs are best for viewing movies or playing games from your PC.

movies are ok but I also have one problem
I use powerdvd to play some of my movies but when i set it to play the movie to full screen, the movie image has a low quality now ,so I need to go back and maximize to a point before the image becomes corrupted, using the edges of the
window, because if i maximize it using the window button
in the corner it happens again.

Can u help me with that?

I mean that if i set powerdvd to full screen the movie
now will have a low quality, than if i just stretch the window
to the maximum just before the image corrupts

when you make the movie anything other than it's original size it's going to be less quality. there's nothing you can do about that either.

Originally posted by oilisab
I've got a geforce 4 ti 4200 8x with tv-out
I have managed to see soemthing on the TV but the
image has a bad resolution.
I can barely read what's on tv, I mean I do see something
but it is hard do read letters because the image on tv has a low quality.

How can I fix this so I can get a better image on TV??

best thing would be to get a video card with a much better tv-out setup...

your card SHOULD be good... but depending on the makers... some companies skimp on certain features...

the best tv out on the market generally belongs to ati... again depending on which card you get...

my video card's dvd output is pretty much perfect...

also.. consider that when you are stretching the window beyond a certain degree it is probably going @ too high a resolution... thats the only thing I can think of...

try reducing your monitor resolution and maximise your powerdvd window THEN :)

perhaps it will produce a better result than you are getting now...

Originally posted by oilisab
movies are ok but I also have one problem
I use powerdvd to play some of my movies but when i set it to play the movie to full screen, the movie image has a low quality now ,so I need to go back and maximize to a point before the image becomes corrupted, using the edges of the
window, because if i maximize it using the window button
in the corner it happens again.
same thing happens to me on the tv. it happens when the window is bigger than the native resolution of the video file. it starts adding lines in and really looks like crap. like sazar said, i solve this by lowering my desktop resolution (640x480) and playing it then.

I've had the same problem with my GF4. I don't know if it's been recommended, but Zoom Player helped me. Plus, the latest NVIDIA drivers have a "cinema" setting for TV out that fixes the problem.

Originally posted by ogremagedwarf
Plus, the latest NVIDIA drivers have a "cinema" setting for TV out that fixes the problem.
interesting. where is this setting found?

TVTool

I have a geforce4 with the same problem. The best way I've found of fixing it, is by using this program called TV Tool ( http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm ).

You can see the image on your monitor and the tv at the same time, and u can change the tv resoultion, diameters etc with no picture problems. I believe there is a free demo on the site.

Very worth using I would recommend at leaset trying to see if it helps.

yes... basically the output you are getting on the tv == clone of your desktop...

you can try modifying the output using various means... ie software... and seeing if this does indeed help out...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back