GF4 Ti4200 Fan went out!

sn00pee

OSNN Addict
Has this ever happen to anyone? My fan stopped (well might be the whole card itself) and my screen went blank. Does the Geforce4 have some kind of heat cutoff or does it just burn itself out after that? b/c i thought maybe i could just buy another heatsink fan and it will run again or should i just replace the whole card?

see if it comes back on for a bios test, if it does power down and buy a new heatsink for it.

What Gonzo said. And don't leave it on long without the fan. It would be best if you could get to a windows screen without shutdown. I had a vid card that died thermally. It looked ok in VGA boot but got ugly in windows at high resolution.

Check the thermaltake site they have some vid card coolers. Try and find one made for the chipset you're using. They have funny base shapes and stuff.

Remember to check your warantee too. And even if it's out of waranteee a call to tech support and a lot of whining and *****ing might get you a new (maybe even an upgrade card). The fans should not just quit on cards that cost a couple hundred bucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back