GF3 Ti500

D

DeepBlade

can someone help me? I got a gf3 ti500, and i believe it's causing my comp to freeze up.... a lot!!

it never happened b4, i'm using the WMD drivers or watever, from nvidia.com, not the detinator drivers, xp pro, 128 mb ram

and when i start wc3, or jk2, or even psx emulator, after a while of play, my comp just freezes!!! no response from pressing power button or alt tab or ctrl alt del

i am not overclocking it in anyway, i didn't even use MSI's drivers to OC it, and i don' t think it's over heating.... i had a slot fan right beside it, facing the top, where the video card fan was... so in that little space between the gf3ti500 and the slot fan, on the right, air was being sucked into blow at the heat sink of video card, and on the left, air was being sucked into blow out, for ventalation.

i took off the slot fan now, but i still get the same problem.

someone plz help??

.....but why....?
i thought the detinator drivers were something i'd get freezes from.... and they're not supported right?

if my comp sets fire, and my house burns to the ground, nvidia will say they have no responsibility fer it or something....

uuuuuhhhhhhhh.....eeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
i yam so confused
ok i'll try the det drivers then

since they seem to be more popular

oops? hahehhae.... i better use det drivers NOW!!! before it goes haywire

Detonator XP
Driver
(Video Cards)

WDM
Driver
(Personal
Cinema)

3D Stereo
Driver
(for 3D
Glasses)

ok, it still happened
i was playing jk2, and it just froze

any ideas???

i have the latest det drivers installed

.....omg please someone help
it just happened again, and lowest resolution, 640x480, lowers colour settings, 16 bit, lowest models and textures and stuff, and it froze!!!!!!!

could it be cause of IRQ setup...? i remember screwing around the IRQs, cause i couldn't get my system to boot with the card at first

i just did!!!!!
yesterday
because i had installed the MSI drivers, and thought it was the problem, cause the meter kept overclocking itself

i did
i just copy them to a networked comp

......that's not the point though
i don't understand how this is happening

ok, it has come to my attention that i might hafta find out if my motherboard is agp 2.0 compliant (agp 4x).....? and/or, i might hafta flash my motherboard bios........

now.... would anyone.... help me out? i have a compaq, it came with ME, and installed XP on it, so.... ya, i wouldn't know what motherboard i have, nor would i know how to flash it's bios... never tried

ok
chill y0
this is easy

First....wipe your HD clean and install XP but run off the FAT32 system to assure your current BIOS supports it, you can mess with AMIFlash l8r =]

Second, Install the detno drivers

Finally, in the bios, make sure u have agp fastwrite turned off and that you are running in AGP 4x

Lastly make sure your RAM is sequentialif it is multiple cards(this will only need to be chekt if you have ever taken it out, but if you have, it is easy to forget)

Then install JK2, patch it to version 1.04
Install WC3, Patch it to version 1.01
Now...you should be good to go

well, it's kinda like... i formated already, because i thought it would help, but still got the same prob.....

i managed to flash the bios, april 2002, so that's pretty recent. I tried JK2 once more, no probs..... so far, but i duno if it'll happen again, hopefully not, it seems like my motherboard was the prob... kinda weird.

well its not as weird as you think. if hardware is old enough, you should always flash the bios to update it to work with more current software. it fixes previous bugs and incompatibilities.

I am wondering if a dxdiag report might help.. if you want, do this:

start > run > dxdiag

save the results to a text file, copy and paste here..

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/10/2002, 00:30:10
Machine name: DEEPBLADE
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) (2600.xpclnt_qfe.010827-1803)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Compaq
System Model: Compaq PC
BIOS: COMPAQ - 20328
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~901MHz
Memory: 128MB RAM
Page File: 279MB used, 125MB available
Primary File System: n/a
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (4.08.01.0810)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.01.2600.0000 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce3 Ti 500
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce3 Ti 500
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device ID: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0202&SUBSYS_88521462&REV_A3
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1152 x 864 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.13.10.3082 (English)
DDI Version: 8 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 7/16/2002 12:16:00, 3552826 bytes
Driver Signed: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD:
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
Mini VDD Date: 7/16/2002 12:16:00, 981466 bytes
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4142-11CF-D87B-58A801C2CB35}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0202
SubSys ID: 0x88521462
Revision ID: 0x00A3
Registry: OK
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled
DDraw Test Result:
D3D7 Test Result:
D3D8 Test Result:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back