GF3 3D issues

K

Kasanagi

This isn't as bad as the subject may relay, but it is a pain in the bum. I built a system for my friend, using XP professional and the latest drivers for all his hardware (save the motherboard drivers). Here's his system:

Abit KG7 + Athlon 1.4ghz 266fsb
512mb Crucial DDR PC2100 memory
Geforce3 Ti200 (MSI) (23.12 currently, 23.11 gave same problem)
Maxtor 40gb 7200rpm HD ATA100
SB Live! 5.1
Linksys 10/100 NIC (nc100)
Plextor 16x10x40x CDRW
Pioneer 16X DVD-ROM

I'm sure the problem has been adressed by now, but it seems whenever he exits Counter-Strike (I've heard of similar probs with Diablo 2) the resolution change back to his desktop resolution fails, and the video card basically takes a crap. I can only assume it's a Video problem because from what I see the resolution doesn't change back from 64x480 very well, and the video freezes, while any programs running in background will continue un-phased. The only lead I've heard is that it's the 23.x detonator drivers and XP, and that I should switch his to any pre-23.xx detonators. Anyone having this same problem, or know the solution?

Had the same problem with CS 1.3

Solved it by exiting CS manually (open Console, type "exit")

H00ver

I run CS on the same resolution as my Desktop and have no issues ...

That may help

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back