gf FX pic and link

Sazar

Rest In Peace
GFFX.jpg

this is a pic posted @ www.nordichardware.se website...

they have a few piccies posted to whet your appetite..

please do note the size of the video card in its slot :)

note that the cooler does indeed take up 1 pci slot... but it also spills over to the SECOND pci slot...

note also that the card extends to the bottom of the motherboard by the looks of it...

this is the motherboard used... extrapolated from the website's info...

buyers please do consider buying an extremely large case in order to accomodate the card...

info bout the cooler... very interesting interior design of the cooler, seems to have a liquid compound in there like glycol or something to help aid in heat transfer... got this from one of the lads @ b3d...

also discussions all over the web about the card achieving 17k 3dmarks on an athlon 2400+ @ stock speeds :)

cpu limitations seem to be vanishing faster than vapor...

if you are interested in checking out the threads discussing this I would advise you to look @ some gpu forums... I will not post competing forums threads here :)

Sazar, I'v seen pictures of this before, and the thing is, I somehow doubt that that's the cooler that they are going to go with when the card goes retail. When they start selling the baby, think they are actually going to sell it with that monster?

Originally posted by Nick M
Sazar, I'v seen pictures of this before, and the thing is, I somehow doubt that that's the cooler that they are going to go with when the card goes retail. When they start selling the baby, think they are actually going to sell it with that monster?

they have to :)

in previous posts you may have heard me explain some of the fundamentals of the gf FX and the temps and the clocks and the like..

in order for the gf FX to achieve the said clocks of 500mhz with 128bit memory it HAS to have good cooling in order to work stable..

the thing can't handle high speeds and remain cool with stock cooling hence the new cooling mechanism...

also you may have heard that nvidia will sell nv30 (gf FX/ultra) itself while the lower end nv31 and nv34 will be shipped off to its regular suppliers for distribution...

the reason for this can only be that nvidia would like to maintan very strict QC when it comes to its higher end model... I don't think stock cooling will do it..

im sure one company at least will sell their cards with that beast on it... and to match the comparisons between manufacturers and their cards... one company will sell theirs with a crappy 486 hsf on :p

The article says that they will add more material "later tonight".

That was yesterday...

Read what you wrote Sazar, you have a point..I did not think of the speeds of that card.

Heh, I'm getting NV30, so... I need to free up PCI slots, even though I have a large tower case. Sucks a little bit that it's so large.

I wonder if you are going to be able to take off that huge cooling device, and add one of your own, that will allow you for overclocking that thing even more.

I bet companies are going to make that if it's possible.

Originally posted by Nick M
Read what you wrote Sazar, you have a point..I did not think of the speeds of that card.

Heh, I'm getting NV30, so... I need to free up PCI slots, even though I have a large tower case. Sucks a little bit that it's so large.

I wonder if you are going to be able to take off that huge cooling device, and add one of your own, that will allow you for overclocking that thing even more.

I bet companies are going to make that if it's possible.

if they are using glycol in their cooling mechanism and it is supposed to be as good as they say then perhaps there may not be too many cooling mechanisms that can do what the ultra's cooler can..

however I personally think the cooler has some glaring design flaws... and I am sure there are going to be some other companies out there that will perhaps come up with a nice solution... like vantec's passive cooler for the r300...

nvidia did say they are making all their nv30 boards :) so thats good news.. at least we know that the QC on them will be high...

I wonder if I'll have to take a loan againts the mortgage to afford this thing :eek:

Is anyone here SERIOUSLY considering purchasing this when it's out?

Originally posted by Jazzhound
I wonder if I'll have to take a loan againts the mortgage to afford this thing :eek:

bestbuy has it listed pre-order @ 399.99 us bucks... :)

Originally posted by Jazzhound

I'll be getting one most likely. Either that or the 9700 Pro. This GeForce 2 isn't cutting it.

it seems few people clicked the link I had provided for the motherboard..

click it.. take a look @ that baby and THEN find out if you can spport the card... you may need a new rig anways to set up that baby if your mobo/case/psu is not big enough... :)

350watts is what you need minimum in order to run that card

:cool:

Ugh. I've only got a 300 watt power supply... Oh well, at least those are cheap and easy to upgrade.

i cant wait to get my hands on a gfx card that requires supplimental power :) i have a 600w power supply and i need to put it to use :p .......on a different note is that mobo in that pic BLUE ? where can i get a BLUE mobo i want it !!!

I go to all the trouble to get the card pics and then research and get a good site for the motherboard information and no one even bothers to check it out

:rolleyes:

oh well...

Aww :)

It's a Gigabyte board! I know it :)

Mine is the same color.

i looked at all the links i saw and if u mean the one in german im sorry i cant read it :(

Originally posted by Sazar
this is the motherboard used... extrapolated from the website's info...

^^^ the link is underlined..

I thought I made it clear...

click on the link and then you wil see the mobo... you can get additional info if oyu choose to :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back