GF 2 problem again

• Thread starter Greg Ekstam
  • Start date
G

Greg Ekstam

I posted earlier about my problem with a Gainward GeForce 2 Ti/500 card. I get a lockup when I try to play games. I do not think it is the drivers. When I go to Direct X Diagnostic if I test Direct Draw it locks up. The screen shows Direct Draw Acceleartor enabled Direct 3d Accelarator not available. Is there perhaps something I need to reinstall from the Direct X program. No cooling problem and card is not overclocked. Thanks. Greg
System
Shuttle AK35GTR
AMD XP 1700
256 ddr ram
Seagate Barracuda 40g

have you tried to change the compatibility mode to win 98 or win 2000

For a problem like that there are only 4 main attributible problems

1. Drivers - Cure - Try new and old ones, make sure any previous drivers from non nvidia boards are uninstalled

2. OS install problems - Cure - Do a complete CLEAN install of XP

3. Board Problem - Cure - Board is defective return for replacement

4. Mobo problem - Cure - Make sure you have latest bios and any and all drivers needed (via 4-1 etc) make sure AGP settings are correct

I would do options 1, 2 , 4 and test to see if it gets it working...if it doesn...it's a problem with your overall system or the videocard itself.

uninstall

Thanks for ideas. I was thinking I would start all over. This is a new system build. My questions is how do you uninstall Windows XP. The hard drive was new also so it was formatted by Windows XP when it booted up the first time. Thanks

Just boot from the XP cd and you should be able to format it. or you can boot from a floppy (make sure you made the floppy in xp) and fdisk the partition.

uninstall

OK. Where do I go to uninstall. Not in uninstall programs. Greg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back