Getting your round in

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
The British retain their status as Europe's most dedicated buyers of rounds, but what lies behind this piece of pub etiquette? It's rather like being told donkeys still eat strawberries or that bears continue to regard the woods as a toilet, but a survey has suggested that Britons like buying drinks in rounds.
The survey of 7,500 people across 15 European countries has found that in Britain - as well as Sweden - 82% of respondents are happy to buy a round of beer. It's a cornerstone of British culture, the idea that friends or colleagues sitting in the pub should not march up to the bar and buy their drinks separately. They should not even get one set of drinks and then sit down and work out who owes what.

Damn right!! :p

I dont even like going out to lunch w/someone I wouldn't pay for. I hate those huge "parties" where everyone bickers about who had what appetizer and what extra glass of wine.

Only after bringing over a exceptionally bad movie,or crying like a baby after getting beaten is anyone at my place expected to BYOB.

He doesn't drink alcohol... he drinks their tears :smoker:

I prefer to have smaller parties when going out. Personal residence, whole other story honestly.

Gaming, and yes I will make you cry. I am getting better at the 360.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back