Getting rid of the Taskbar?

K

Kramer2K

Does anyone know if there is a way to entirely remove the taskbar? And i mean the whole thing, not just the start button or clock, but the whole kit and kaboodle?

I've tried to manually hide it (setting the height to 0), but on the restart, it always comes back to it's normal position. So i'm stumped...thanks in advance!

Do you want to delete the function or just make it not in the way?

For hiding it you can just grab the top and shrink it to "0" height.

You can set it to autohide by right click and properties.

You can have it stay in the background so other programs will use the full screen under right click and properties.

I think he means the taskbar in windows, not linux Napalmnthemorni

why would you want to do that ?

I did an extensive search and only found that the best thing to do is adjust the size of it to not show ..

Originally posted by lechtard
why would you want to do that ?

I did an extensive search and only found that the best thing to do is adjust the size of it to not show ..

I agree, but to each his/her own. How can you not have a toolbar. Isn't that like driving your car without a steering wheel.
No offense Kramer2k.

You could move it to the top (that where mine is) or even reduce the size in your advanced display settings

I don't know if this will work or not but here is something I found:
Code:
Remove Taskbar from Start Menu
To remove Taskbar from Start Menu so only drag and drop can be used to alter Start Menu and

Desktop. To restrict, apply the following Windows NT Registry hack:

Hive: HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Name: NoSetTaskbar

Type: REG_DWORD

Value: 1
Never mind that is for 2k pro .. Sorry .

Well, i've been looking for sometime now...and the best thing that i have found that removes the taskbar is objectdock. But I find that Yzdock is better than Objectdock, which is why i don't want to use OD. Any thoughts on how to hide the bar w/o using OD?

K

Originally posted by Kramer2K
Well, i've been looking for sometime now...and the best thing that i have found that removes the taskbar is objectdock. But I find that Yzdock is better than Objectdock, which is why i don't want to use OD. Any thoughts on how to hide the bar w/o using OD?

K

There should be an option in the preferences to have it do it ..

Another option that I like is to check the auto-hide the taskbar, so the only time it appears is when you move your pointer to the top of the screen.

How about Winstep's Nextstart, this let's you get rid of the taskbar and systray, move them wherever you want or configure them how you want

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back