• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Getting rid of duplicates in ComboBOX

Sanchez

OSNN Junior Addict
Alright, in my Database I have many samples that are frozen on different dates.

What I'm trying to do is create a combo box with all the dates included. And when a date is selected, display all the samples that were frozen on that date in a listbox.

However, I've run into a problem already in that when I choose to make the combo box from the date column of my table, it takes all the dates, even the duplicates. For example, if there are 3 samples frozen on june 20th. there will be 3 june 20th's in the combo box. How can I get rid of this. I tried the removeitem property but it's not working. It says I'm not able to use this property when the combo box is connected to a data table or something when I go to help. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thanks.

Khayman

I'm sorry Hal...
Political User
if your usingf SQL to get the data from the database you can use SELECT DISTINCT to get rid of duplicates

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
we need to know the database - I am guessing from your description that you cannot use native SQL - but there may be some sort of option to employ it behind the scenes, if we know how your data is stored/accessed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis