Getting Frustrated !!!!!

N

niabi

i am getting a litle bit frustrated by this, My Creative PCDVD 12x is giving me problems with CDS it is SSLLLOOWWW as hell, even if i try to play mp3s from a CD thats on the DVD drive the mp3s skip abd my system gets slow because its reading (or trying to read) rthe CDs with mp3s work fin on my CDRW, and they used to work fine on the DVD, the dvd is fine as i have seen dvd movies and nothing skips nothing it only hapends on CDs, this has happened recently since i reformated my HD before it was working fine, and i hae not changed anything on my PC

so if ou got any ideas why is this happening please let me know, thanks

my system is as follows

Biostar m7vkb
AMD 1.2g Athlon
256 pc133 ram
Samsumg 80g HD
Creative PCDVD 12x
Sony CDRW 8x/4x/32x
Windows XP Profesional

Thanks for any help

P.S. Sorry for bad english!

nIabI

Make sure that the drive is setup for DMA transfers in the drives properties.......

'bout all I can think of right off....:p

hmm i tried to find WHERE can i enable DMA on windows XP but no luck, you kno where? :D

Hehehe

nIabI

I got the latest Firmware, and it used to work FINE with this exact same firmware.

nIabI

Device manager>ide atapi controllers>secondary controller>advanced settings>transfer mode> DMA if avaialable

AHHH my DVD was set at PIO only !!!!!! freaking Windows XP who told him that :D

Thanks a lot guys :D

nIabI

It's done that to me also. got a fix at VIA for the chipset. It's an IDE patch of some sort, if I remember.......

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back