Getting back to IE 6

iano

OSNN Newbie
I visit Windows Update from time to time and have become accustomed to the process of "accept", "agree" "next" "finish" that is involved. There have been no issues to date. All very straightforward.

No issues until yesterday that is. Turns out I am now the proud owner of IE 7. And I don't want to be! I'm sure it's great and that there are all kinds of advantages. But I'm not interested. Iwas quite content as I was.

Has anyone an idea as to how to get back to IE 6 in straightforward fashion - like, if it takes as much effort to go back as it does to go forward then I might as well go forward.

I just don't need the grief of re-learning

Thanks in advance - Ian

Select how do I install/uninstall Internet Explorer 7 Here .

Thanks Bush dog. If I uninstall 7 is 6 automatically enabled. Or is there more. I'm trusting you here let me tell you....:)

If you uninstall Internet Explorer 7, IE6 returns as your default browser - pending that was your default browser before you installed IE7.

like said; once you uninstall IE7, IE6 will become your default browser again. Also, you have a choice to what you want to update. If you do not want IE7 then do not select it.

Thanks folks.

I don't know exactly how all this works being only somewhat computer savvy. Couldn't see IE 6 on the list of programmes installed (on the install/uninstall feature in XP - only IE 7. But did as you said: uninstalled IE7 and sure enough IE6 is back.

Mission accomplished. Will be more wary in future. To me the potential benefites (generally) don't outweigh the ease of operating the familiar

I'm no pioneer!

Thanks again. Now about cAPPs :)

IE6 cant be uninstalled so it doesn't show up in add/remove.

I visit Windows Update from time to time and have become accustomed to the process of "accept", "agree" "next" "finish" that is involved. There have been no issues to date. All very straightforward.

No issues until yesterday that is. Turns out I am now the proud owner of IE 7. And I don't want to be! I'm sure it's great and that there are all kinds of advantages. But I'm not interested. Iwas quite content as I was.

Has anyone an idea as to how to get back to IE 6 in straightforward fashion - like, if it takes as much effort to go back as it does to go forward then I might as well go forward.

I just don't need the grief of re-learning

Thanks in advance - Ian

why use IE6? it runs as a service in the background taking up memory ,.....why hell does a browser need to run as a service?.....just use Opera man.

IE6 cant be uninstalled so it doesn't show up in add/remove.

id have to disagree you can uninstall it tho not from add/remove

You can reinstall it, but you cant remove it from XP.

why use IE6? it runs as a service in the background taking up memory ,.....why hell does a browser need to run as a service?.....just use Opera man.

Why?

a) Because pc's are like cars to me. I just want it to get me from a to b without worrying to much about whats under the bonnet

b) specifying plenty of RAM during purchase is easier than trying to soup-up whats under the bonnet later.

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back