Getting a Wii!

chaos945

OSNN Senior Addict
I'm pretty excited. Tomorrow I'm picking up my Wii. I went through the classifieds and found a guy selling: the console, 2 controllers, and 5 good games, for $375.

I've played on the Wii a few times since it's initial release and it was great fun. It'll be hard wrestling the system away from my wife and daughter!

First game I'm going to pick up is that new Mario Kart.

Anyone else have a Wii?

No he didn't I asked about it. Have you heard negative feedback about modding them? I saw ads for people offering to mod them in the city.

Here is the ad.

Wii console's that have a mod chip can not update firmware and sometimes the firmware update is needed for new games (like for mario kart) or new channels.

Congratulations on your new Wii. Getting my Wii was a happy day. So much fun!

Its going to be weird playing resident evil on a Nintendo.

Congrats. I'm still undecided in this console war, myself. ;)

Wii console's that have a mod chip can not update firmware and sometimes the firmware update is needed for new games (like for mario kart) or new channels.

Actually not for Mario Cart. My ex's kids have a Wii and no internet connection so they don't can't do updates atm. and I got them the Mario Cart game for there B-Days last month and they have been playing it without problem. Now if the game has the update within it then that's a different story.

Oh, OK. Me no understand. Me now understand (pulls brain out of mud). :D

It's been fairly unclear weather it's intentional or not, but modded Wiis tend to get bricked on firmware updates, even updates from your own region.

Thats a shame about the mod chips being so unstable. I've seen ads about easily removable mod chips. I wonder if they're any better, you know, pop out the chip, update, pop it back in.

I've been playing around on it all day! Resident Evil is a lot different, more like House of the Dead now. I've not played since Resident Evil 2 on the Playstation, so maybe the transition was before the Wii.

Mario Kart is awesome of course. Metroid is quite good. Tomorrow I think I'll try Zelda and Mario Galaxy.

Mario Galaxy is amazing. I think it's still the highest-rated Wii game to this point, though I also love Wii Sports, Tiger Woods 08 and Mario Kart.

Thats a shame about the mod chips being so unstable. I've seen ads about easily removable mod chips. I wonder if they're any better, you know, pop out the chip, update, pop it back in.

I don't know... the only reason I would ever want to have a modchip is already defeated by software hacks: running homebrew software (emulators, standalone games (Tetris!), etc). All possible with a Zelda TP exploit :)

Yes I am quite enjoying it. They sell for close to $500 at the local Walmart, with only one controller and one game.

I picked up Mario Party 8, and a fancy charging station for the controllers, but I'd still like to get wireless nunchucks and that new Wii Fit.

I'm addicted to Mario Galaxy at the moment. Damn that is entertaining.

I'd like to get Snes9x running on the Wii, as well as an internet browser. You can buy the internet browser for 500 wii points, but it seems ridiculous to pay for such a feature... Anyone have luck doing either of these things? Anything else interesting? I've seen homebrew, but became a bit nervous when I read some reports of invalid channels bricking Wii units.

Its going to be weird playing resident evil on a Nintendo.

The RE4 redo on the Wii is soooo much fun. Umbrella Chronicles is alright if you like rail shooters or Just want to blast some zombies with a friend

Congrats. I'm still undecided in this console war, myself. ;)

This phrase is way overused. I dont even see the consoles at war, people will always have different tastes, and each console is so different to be "'at war" with each other. Not trying to be mean I am just tired of people thinking there is going to be a winner.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back