geting a new tv...a little help?

go to the store and physically check out the televisions...

shopping for it off an internet site will not do anything for you...

the picture quality differences are clear to see when you are THERE and looking @ the tv...

my $0.02 :)

TV4: Philips 27" RealFlat™ TV
They all look pretty much the same but this one has 1 extra component video input. I wish my tv had two of these so I could plug in my gamecube and DVD player using component (yes the difference is that great).

To my knowledge PS2 doesn't have a component video output so if you own a PS2 (or no console) and don't plan on buying a new one , I don't think this is really an issue. XBOX however does support component and it is worth shelling out the extra bucks for the cables.

Sazar said:
the picture quality differences are clear to see when you are THERE and looking @ the tv...

he's right, though I still stand by my extra input philosophy.

yah undoubtedly that helps but you can also get breakout boxes that don't cost much and add (conveniently) extra inputs to your tv's existing total...

I care more about the picture quality than anything else...

when we were looking for my gf's tele (inclusive device with a dvd player) it took a while to get the right one... was not the most feature rich but had the best image quality and filtering for analog/digital cable... :)

Avoid RCA. JVC or Phillips are good quality sets. Like Sazar said look at a real one then order over the net...

i agree with both sazar and ohzo....u WILL want the the extra inputs, trust me. u can never have enough inputs. the quality of the image is a lot more noticeable if u have (ideally) the tvs u want side by side playing the same thing at the same time to see whats wrong with each

stay away from RCA :eek:

Go with the JVC :)

well Prodj88 I own the JVC model and I have not been happier with a tv purchase in my life...great picture quality, great options, nice remote and not really that heavy. I love it the one thing that I especially like is the theatre pro option which gives the tv picture when watching movies a darker color that makes movies look so much better. My xbox looks awesome even though I only use svideo it is still awesome...I really love my tv and if you get the JVC you will love it too

oh and AV ports don't matter much considering i bouight this thing that allows up to 4...its cool it was like 10 bucks at bestbuy

If price is no option, go for Sony or JVC. If you are on the cheap, I was thouroughly impressed by the Apex 27". I'll ask my roommate in the am, he works in Home Theater for Best Buy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back