Get this case??

I've always used Antec cases myself.

The first thing I look for is 2 cooling fans in the back, its got em.

I like 2 intakes in the bottom front, fail.

Also, I look for very no restrictive grills for the fans, the grills are pretty restricting in that case.

I've also heard that those Maxtop's actully look pretty cheap up close.

Click ME

See how the grills is not that obtrusive, that's my case btw.

thanks for the reply... yeah it only has one fan in front but it has one ontop and one on the side so it makes up for it... about the grills... I have some to replace it...

Looks good to me. Ventilation seems good, mounting points too. Blowhole at the top is a plus. It looks a bit cheap but then again it is. :) Go for it.

thats actually a pretty nice case imho... wish I could buy it in the UK, the case I have now is a full tower case, and its too big for where it is in my gf's house so I'm looking for a new one :)

it has 3 exhaust fan locations, plus the power supply... but only 2 intake fan locations? as long as you don't use them all and, rather, go for a more balanced setup.

case construction looks pretty cheap and flimsy, too. but if that doesn't bother you, then go for it.

i'd say it's a pretty nice case for the price, i wouldn't need so many fans but then it aint exactly desert conditions in the uk :p

thats a standard chassis nowdays, i fit into a lot of them. its part of the ultra budget range with 2 extra fan holes cut out. the bottom 2 5 1/4 bays are unusable unless you have a micro atx board fitted. dont cause much of a problem with most builds though. it is cheap parts though, very thin and as noted up close it looks cheep as..

let it be noted that they are taking the sharp burs off those chassis at long last and in some you even get little plastic rounded off caps on the sharp corners.

and they are in the UK but my supplier is not planning on getting a restock through low demand with the budget window range coming through now. they look 10 times better for about 10-15% more.

Originally posted by GoNz0
thats a standard chassis nowdays, i fit into a lot of them

how tall did u say u were again?? :rolleyes:

gonzo, do u have any ideas where I could get a cheap(ish) tower case from that looks nice in the UK?
all the cases ive seen available are horrible (rainbow lights for example - with square window - yuk, if i was gonna have a window, i'd have 10 beers, pick up the dremel and see what comes out lol)

nahhh man just get an ANTECH case like the first guy said who cares that there huge and ugly not to mention everyone and there mom owns one.

just come original stick with the one you posted it looks nice and its only plastic and what 16 gauge steel in other words its easy to mod.

when ever me and my budy goto the local lan party GigaFrag we will sit at the snack bad during the raffles and just make fun of all the ANTECH cases sitting on the tables they stick out like sore thumbs there so gigantic.

thanks people for all the replys, I went ahead and ordered the case... I'm not looking to mod it or anything, and I don't have a lot of money to buy a better case... I just need something to hold the computer in and I think this case will do the trick...

Now to look for a hard drive cause my 100gig is making loud noises that not to good... :(

thanks again

Originally posted by Henyman
it aint exactly desert conditions in the uk :p
Nah, more like water cooling without the pipes right? :D

Originally posted by Zedric
Nah, more like water cooling without the pipes right? :D

lol couldn't have put it better:D

Originally posted by jonifen
how tall did u say u were again?? :rolleyes:

gonzo, do u have any ideas where I could get a cheap(ish) tower case from that looks nice in the UK?
all the cases ive seen available are horrible (rainbow lights for example - with square window - yuk, if i was gonna have a window, i'd have 10 beers, pick up the dremel and see what comes out lol)

http://www.cheaperchips.com/cases.htm :)

Originally posted by DoNuTjC
Now to look for a hard drive cause my 100gig is making loud noises that not to good... :(

thanks again

dont forget about a Power Supply

Originally posted by Krux
nahhh man just get an ANTECH case like the first guy said who cares that there huge and ugly not to mention everyone and there mom owns one.

just come original stick with the one you posted it looks nice and its only plastic and what 16 gauge steel in other words its easy to mod.

when ever me and my budy goto the local lan party GigaFrag we will sit at the snack bad during the raffles and just make fun of all the ANTECH cases sitting on the tables they stick out like sore thumbs there so gigantic.

hmmm, I don't remember the guy asking for a mobile case. Maybe everyone has them because they are nice. Besides you get a good PS with them. I don't pay for looks on cases since they sit under my desk, I pay for quality. Beside you can get a good one with a 350W PS for $75.

I love working on small cases that are impossible to get everything to fit, where you have to take the thing apart to change a fan. Thats just perfect.

I just offered him my opinion, not you, you didn't ask. But if you really want me to tell you how I feel......... :p

Originally posted by j79zlr
hmmm, I don't remember the guy asking for a mobile case. Maybe everyone has them because they are nice. Besides you get a good PS with them. I don't pay for looks on cases since they sit under my desk, I pay for quality. Beside you can get a good one with a 350W PS for $75.

I love working on small cases that are impossible to get everything to fit, where you have to take the thing apart to change a fan. Thats just perfect.

I just offered him my opinion, not you, you didn't ask. But if you really want me to tell you how I feel......... :p
i have a normal-sized atx case and everything fits fine. i can take anything out or put anything in without touching anything else.

komp1.txt

besides, if your comp sits under your desk and out of view, who cares how big it is or even of it's build quality? not to mention those annoying drive doors. :rolleyes:

but to each his own, i guess. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back