Get Serial

B

blueyedboy

Okay , heres the Score, this is not some serial request. My brother has lost his CD key for XP. he has XP Home edition. I know I have seen, when this used to be called windows Xperience, a post that said how can get your key from somewhre of the system. He has a bonifide copy of XP so he obviously wants a bonifide product key so he can have his service packs etc.

Any Ideas.

If you download and use Aida32 from HERE it will show you all software licenses installed on the pc....including the windows one.

hmmm dont know it. are you sure this is not a warez request :rolleyes:
benefit of doubt then, check the attached proggie it will show the cd-key wich is used by xp

Call Microsoft and tell them you lost it - they will give you new one ..

No need to call Microsoft. Both applications proposed above will show you the key. I would go with Aida32. It is a great and useful program anyway.

hmmm.....if its "bonifide copy of XP" there should have been a sticker to affix to the outside of the box........ thats why its there:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dubbin1
Hmmmm I didnt get one with my XP home or XP pro CDs

Its supposed to be on the back of that little booklet that u get with yr cd.

Originally posted by SmokingWeed3000
Its supposed to be on the back of that little booklet that u get with yr cd.

Yup, 'tis there. This is the kind of thing one should write down and save, if one has reluctantly emptied their wallet on a collection of compiled zeros and ones (as I did, for a multiple XP Pro license).

Yes, I'm just full of snyde, useless remarks this morning. FUBAR'd ~1050 mp3 tags 'cause I wasn't f'ing paying attention, so I'm bitter. :happy:

Originally posted by spikemic
hmmm.....if its "bonifide copy of XP" there should have been a sticker to affix to the outside of the box........ thats why its there:rolleyes:

Lol i would not stick my serial on the outside of my Pc....just in case a stupid mate might think its a good idea to "write it down".

Its kept in a safe place...Tattood to my bum :D

I bought mine OEM so i just got the sticker not the book.

Originally posted by sboulema
benefit of doubt then, check the attached proggie it will show the cd-key wich is used by xp

Thanks for your help. With regards to Warez... I could easily have given him the FCKGW..... key, but as I said, his is a genuine copy of XP Home edition that came with the PC. The silly sod threw away the packaging.:eek:

I have sent him the link for downloading AIDA, although I think it will take him a while on his 56k modem. Ah well, teach him a lesson wont it!

Originally posted by sboulema

Oh my lord... soz mate... yours is just the ticket... I can email him that. should have read your post more carefully.

cheers pal

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back