get plate off back of amd64 mobo plz help

Dan04

OSNN Addict
hi everyone

i bought a zalman heatsink/fan and i need to put on its baseplate that goes on the back of hte mobo and i was wondering if anyone has any good ideas on how to take the default one off that u use with the stock fan as its held on by real strong sticky and i cant use a screw driver coz id damage the circuitry under it...

any ideas given is appreciated!!!

As daft as it sounds, use a hairdryer.
that will loosen up the thermal compound.
Would definatly look for a guide to doing it tho, but a hair drier is the popular choice!

A razor is always better for prying than a screwdriver if it comes to it. Definitely try the hair dryer.

thanks the hair drier worked n loosened it up, i wouldnt recommend a razor due to the fact that you could cut up all the connections on the back of the board :p

twist n pray umm no lol spose you can do that if you want to stuff the whole lot up lol

hehe they dont make computers like they used to, could do soo much with my old pentium 1 now these new ones ar soo fussy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back