geoshell + explorer.exe together

O

oO ShifterZ Oo

ima tryin to use geoshell and explorer together as one force. i want windows explorer to run at defualt and ima planning to also run geoshell as a start up program, but i dont know how to do this. DOES anyone know how to do this. CUz when i installed geoshell it went over explorer and i tried to change these settings

Use Run -> gpedit.msc.
Go to: User Configuration - Administrative Templates - System
Edit the Custom User Interface value to explorer.exe. This should work :)
If this doesn't work, you can go into the registry and change it yourself.

In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER key: Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
Look for a string entry called 'Shell'. If it is not there, create a string entry and name it 'Shell'. Set this value to 'explorer.exe'

but then nothing went up as a shell so now i uninstalled geoshell and asking this question

Since both Explorer and GeoShell are shells, you can't combine them into one. It is either or. My recommendation is to stick with Explorer.

yea if it comes to dat, ill stick wit explorer im more used to it ne ways. BUT deng.... there goes my plan on my nov.desktop. TIME to rethink it =\

ty once again matt

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back