Generic Hos Process for win32 Services

Bootsy

Huh?
ok...wtf is this thing and why can't I disable it thru ZA....if i do, I can't access the internet...anyone have any clues?

I have the same question and emailed ZA it about last week. They sent me a very long reply that completely avoided answering the essence of my question: What is the risk of allowing the "Generic Host Process" access to the internet or, especially, allowing it to act as a server? I also asked about ICQ because it wants to act as a server also (I never allow it to do so). However, I have no clue why it needs to act as a server or the consequences/benefits of not allowing this.

Any insight into this would certainly be appreciated.

I don't have a messenger,so I'm confused by your post, it seems I read somewhere that the messengers needed to have server rights in ordr to work...does your's work the same when you deny?

I just ried it and its true...if I don't allow it to act as a server, none of my remote comps on the network can get out o the web...this is baffling. I've been looking around the net for answers to this "service's" function but nothing came up...wierd...could it be spyware acting? damn im getting paranoid.

We do have a network withup to five computers connected but ICQ is only used by me on one machine. Maybe that is why it still seems to send and receive messages when I deny it server rights.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back