[General] Appeal for design help

a Last bump here - I am feeling I have done what i can here with my first go around - but I am aware this site is somewhat sad and inadequate... I cannot very well submit it to more "professional" review forums ATM since it wil fail valid code verification and I do not have the time to tidy all that up ATM....

Perhaps it will do it's job to a point (I have seen worse sites!)....

If anyone can offer design input and help it would still be appreciated - I was hoping to get the site good enough to ask my boss to email company wide, but at this level of development I would not feel at all comfortable to do that.

To the two people who have been in PM contact with me - if you see this post and want to see what you can do further then please do get in touch. Anyone else likewise - all offers appreciated and even simple things that I can follow up on or suggestions as to how I should persue a "version 2" effort when I regroup my enthusiasm would be appreciated.

Last edited:
ok.. here's a start if you need anything else let me know.. btw... just cpy the 5 pics into the images folder and label them 1-5.jpg

Attachments

• newsite.zip
    233.1 KB · Views: 64
sry... forgot the thank you page....change the link to .php ... right now it's html and it won't work, you can also put the input.php link on the main page and i promise i'll get off my happy-hills kick if this goes through :D :D

I really appreciate this and really do not want to come across as in any way ungrateful here - you did a pretty slick job pretty fast there! Just the kind of thing I was hoping for really, just kind ahtought there might have been more of a to and froing of ideas with others posting, but whatever.

But I gotta mention that I can't use the .gifs as they are, 'cause you sure were on a happy hills kick there, it spells out nicely as Agneta Hills, when it oughta be Agneta Mills! I did open them in Animate Shop, but I am thinking you'd have some source....

Looks to me like these files are all compiled out of something and like I said in a PM I was hoping I could have access to source so that I can add in tweaks and maybe grow the site for a couple of ideas in progress - an events link and a journal for Agneta to have a kind of mini blog on her site (but probably done like I did the donations).

I have a bad feeling here, because I saw the OSX folder in there that you have developed on a Mac platform..... but maybe there are export options available to us? oh and do not worry, like I say your copyright can stay in tact and oyu shoudl rightfully get credit here.

I got my daughter with me here tongiht so may not be able to post right back but should be able to get onto this again tomorrow. And yeah I am grateful and I am sure Agneta will be too - we'll get it up there when we've ironed these things out I hope.

shoot.. maybe next time i should look at what i'm doing more closely...lol ok i'll fix it and try to send you a new zip tomorrow that is set up for pc...

The image looks better for some reason, did you edit it already? .... I tried to fix the header a little by setting it up inside a table, and resizing the images...

This would be better until the navbar get's setup..

Attachments

• index.html.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 59
Sorry MFG totally missed this thread.
Another charitable thread has come up recently and I might well be making a frontpage thread about it (mac os for old systems), I could very well add something there.

Kinda up to the eyeballs in redbull at the moment so can't really concentrate, but if you need anything just get in touch and let me know.

Thanks techno - made that a table with your code. I had not done anything with the image so I'm not sure why it might look any better. I think Agneta was wanting a Navbar down the left of the page... we shall see...

Interesting coincidence you mentioned those Flash links by the way. I was just looking into flash a little, but somewhat put off by the $999 price tag on Flash MX :(

And EP thanks for the offer - you do whatever you think is right, I'm just helping out and do not want you to set any precedent you're uncomfroatble with here - but all help is good (better get the site up to a second version level if it is going to get significant traffic I think..)

/me goes to check site stats...

Well everytime I help with a page I find I am learning a new trick.
And if you are looking at using flash, I am sure there was a cheaper alternative.

Swish may have been it.
http://www.swishzone.com/

seriously though, i find myself playing around with flash every now and then, and i didn't spend a penny on any web design software yet.... There are several online flash tools that can help, http://www.freeflashintros.com has tons of free flash stuff, as well as http://www.cabanova.com/ ... cabanova has tools to create an entire flash website, it's actually pretty neat.

Thanks Techno - I have actually used one of those to add a navigation bar to the site now - it's not totally smooth, but it is a big improvement I think.

And thankyou EP - I did come across Swish, and may look into it again in more depth sometime, would be interesting to hear from any users I guess.

Now I think I might get the site validated for correct HTML and see if it's worth submitting for review somewhere for further suggestions - chances are I guess it is adequate for it's purpose - any opinions on that welcome though.

hey mainframeguy, before you do that you should make sure that all the fonts are the same size and face... the faces are the same i think however the sizes are different from page to page... I would do it myself but I do not have a ftp login name/pass ... it's not really hard though :D

mainframeguy - do you still have the php code for the page that agneta posted the donations?

I was wondering if it was possible to reverse that same code to let guests post stuff to be recorded in the protected area.

yeah - I have the code... not sure why Agneta would want me to do that though? I mean I already included a bravenet address book... or am I missing something?

no.. lol.. sry- i just didn't see the need to start a new thread since you already had the code on this project... i was just seeing if you could give me the code for a proj i'm working on my new server :)

'k - yeah will try and get that to you soon - just need a leetle time to zip it up - will leave it to you to work out the SQL create for the DB table etc... that's your side (thuogh PM me for anything you may not understand)

[EDIT] zipped attached php's [/EDIT]

Attachments

• fortechno.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back