GeForceFX pics....holy crap thats big

apu95

Caffeine-->Code Converter
anyone see the new nvidia card? holy crap thats big...
take a look
go to
http://gear.ign.com and click on the nvidia geforcefx link

HOLY ****, that wont fit my case!! thats massive man!!

HOLY! You seen the specs on that thing? Its amazing! And I'm glad I have the space for the cooling system, I intend to be getting one! The cooling system on that thing must be good....

its simple, it will occupy two slots, making one on my PCI slots unusable!! *sigh!

Can't wait to see this card in action. I want one too, takes up one pci slot pfft, who needs pci cards anyway :D All they're good for is sound cards...oh and ethernet but i dont need that. So big cooling system here i come :) except i don't think the initial price tag will entice me, maybe in 5 years it will. Eh well better start saving now then :D

info on the card...

the cooler you see if basically like the OTES system that abit introduced a while back...

the cooler has 2 vents... one intake and one exhaust... using a vacuum like action to suck air in and cool the device...

here in is my first concern with the cooler... all reviewers who saw the demo card (rumored to have been runing @ only 194-196mhz clock) said that the EXHAUST air was hot to the touch... consider that the intake is right next to the exhaust and then think about the design...

secondly, the reviewers said that the test was carried out on a loud case and yet they could still hear the GFFX hsf ABOVE the sound of the rig...

nvidia is using some kind of innovative system whereby the cooelr will adjust speeds and therefore quietness level based on the demands on the card... this is what has been laid out by the company...

the card itself is around the size of the gf4 4600... which you may recall is significantly larger than the competing solution from Ati... the r300 based card....

nvidia has claimed that the card may ship with alternate HSF design which will be a lot quiter and perhaps not use up a PCi slot... also the card demoed @ comdex appeared to be one of the first wafers off the assembly line... therefore there are possible improvements to be made between now and the rumoured february mass availability of the card...

good thing i bought the 9700 pro, cause that would not fit in my case (too much other stuff) although i must say that if it lives up the the hype, it will blow me out of the water. but dam is that big.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back