GeforceFX 5200 vs. Geforce4 ti4200?

D

Digerati

I just bought an Abit Siluro Geforce4 ti4200 128mb agp 8x card a few weeks ago and now I just ran across a Leadtek GeforceFX 5200 128mb agp 8x card for about the same price.

Just wondering how much better the GeforceFX 5200 is, and if it's worth it to get that instead (I have someone who will buy the ti 4200 from me).

Thanks!

Originally posted by Digerati
I just bought an Abit Siluro Geforce4 ti4200 128mb agp 8x card a few weeks ago and now I just ran across a Leadtek GeforceFX 5200 128mb agp 8x card for about the same price.

Just wondering how much better the GeforceFX 5200 is, and if it's worth it to get that instead (I have someone who will buy the ti 4200 from me).

Thanks!

the 5200 is dx9 capable unlike your current product..

the 4200 overall has better raw performance... the 5200 is designed more as a replacement for the gf4mx series than the gf4 ti series... @ which the 5600/5600 ultra is aimed...

your card is better in todays games and most coming out later this year as well... the 5200 does do dx9.. yes.. but it is not going to be playable frame rates...

pick your poison.. but remember you have the higher performing part already...

yeah, i'd stick with the 4200. dx9 hawrdware support isn't going to be a major factor in games anytime soon. sure, some... but most are based on dx8 and some even dx7.

fx 5200 is better than ti4200 definitely. but its not worth geting it! unless your going to trade it in or something.

Originally posted by prodj88
fx 5200 is better than ti4200 definitely. but its not worth geting it! unless your going to trade it in or something.

how can you say that ?

AFAIK in raw performance the 4200 more than matches up with the 5200... only in AA and FSAA modes enabled is there any close comparison... but consider the frame rates... are you willing to play @ 10-20 fps ? thats not acceptable to me... and I would think it is unacceptable for most people :)

also consider the fact that most current benches are for the 5200 ULTRA compared to the gf4 ti 4200... the ULTRA has much better performance compared to the 5200 vanilla flavor.. ie... the 5200 NON-ULTRA will be slower than the 5200 ultra... due to lower clock speeds...

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back