GeForce4 Ti4200

S

Skwowwy

Soon it's my birthday (27 November) and I'll get a new graphics card along with a new power supply.

I really want this card:

Leadtek A250LE-TD128 GeForce4 Ti4200 128 MB DDR, 4ns, DVI, MyVIVO video in/video out.

It's directly from the prices list and it costs 259 Euros. I could take a Ti4400, but that's already way to expensive!

A similar card to this Ti4200 is Ausus-tek AGP V8420 deluxe GeForce4 Ti4200 128 MB DDR, Video IN, TV-out, DVI, 3D Glasses, which costs 339 Euros. That's too expensive, I think, so I won't take this, unless I'm wrong about this.

So yeah, I want to know if Leadtek is a good brand. I don't want a card that's piece of crap. :p I've seen in a review that the Leadtek Ti4200 has heatsinks on the GPU AND on the RAM! :eek: That's freakin' awesome! But if you compare Leadtek with Asus-tek, which one is better?

A couple more things:
- Can I use video out as a TV-out thingie? What convertors do I need for this?
- The highest PSU my computer store delivers is 350W, namely Enermax PSU ATX 350 Watt CE EG365P-VE(FM). Is that a good power supply and will the new card work properly with it?
- And what about 300W?

Sorry that this post is so long, but I hope you'll help me out. Thanks in advance. :)

those cards are very expensive... are you sure there are no sources you can buy it from that are cheaper?

you don't need to worry about the psu.. it should be fine..

if you are buying a g4 ti4200 make sure you get the second edition (which is agp 8x) because it comes default with higher clock speeds...

Leadtek and ASUS are both good brands, basically go for the card that has the best stuff bundled with it.

Leadtek is a good manufacture. I have had good luck with them in the past. I also want that very same card and am saving some coin now so I can get it soon

Leadtek makes good cards. As for the PSU, I think it should be just fine.

If you need help on deciding what to get, I say Leadtek, but like Sazar and Zanwar said, make sure that you get the second APG 8x edition.

Thanks for the responses. :) I'll go for Leadtek then. But is there a price difference between the first edition (4x AGP) and the second edition (8x AGP)? I don't know if my local computer store has that second edition, though.

And could someone answer the question about video out being used as TV-out with the help of connectors (see first post)?

I'm a newbie in this, so yeah. :D

Edit:

Sazar: I know the cards are expensive. There are two computer stores in my town, Vobis and De Regenboog (I live in the Netherlands :p). Vobis often sells its products at a quite high price and it doesn't have a lot of hardware stuff, so I always go for De Regenboog, since it's a real computer store with lots of hardware and it's also cheaper than Vobis. :p

the cards should be close in price.. I would think nvidia would like to hang on to market share instead of overpricing its products...

you may also consider waiting for the radeon 9500 series cards which is similar in performance to the ti4200...

:) go with whichever company makes you happiest...

If your stores don't have them, try the net.

Try dabs.com, they do stuff for cheap!

Hmm, I prefer nVidia to ATI. :p It's just me, but I've always had positive experiences with nVidia. :)

Besides, the ATI Radeon 9500 series are even more expensive than the GeForce4 Ti4600 series. :p

And I don't like buying hardware online. I prefer offline, because I can test if it all works or not. If it doesn't, I can always exchange the hardware. :D

And when will I get the answer about the video out thingie? *has asked that 3 times now* :p Not to brag or anything, I just wanna know...

Video out IS TV-out basically. You'll probably get a SVHS cable and a composite converter (if you only have composite in on your TV) with the card. I got a SVHS cable, composite cable and converter with my GF4Ti4200 (Abit).

Ah, I see. But the only problem is that my TV doesn't have composite. It's a 4 - 5 years old TV. :p It only has a SCART connector. Will it still work if I get a special converter for that?

I think nVidia is phasing out the first edition card and producing the second edition. I don't think there is a price difference.

My old GF2 card's TV out was s-video, but the card came with an S-video to rca converter.

Go for this card, the Point of View GF4 Ti4200XP, 128 DDR, 3.3ns ( !!!! ) memory, default oc'ed to 250/550 mhz, has heatsinks on the memory, uses the Ti4600 reference board, so it's better for overclocking, cuz it can handle higher speeds etc. and in holland it only costs you 234 euro excl. 8 euro rembours...i'm gonna buy this one on ma birthday....i don't know where you live so i can't guarantee prices over there......

about your questions:
- Yeah you can use it as tv out (to connect to your tv that is), no connectors needed, most of the time included in the box:D
- 350 it sufficient, you need only 245 for a GF4 Ti4200 (see on MSI's webpage)

i hope this helped you a bit.....if anymore questions just ask...:D

oh i see you are in holland too then:D hehe, well then go to this webpage: www.tweakers.net, and then go to the part that says: pricewatch, and then look for this, or possibly other cards, you get the lowest prices, and no harm is done when ordering over the internet cause you pay when it's delivered at your doorstep:D, for a review (in dutch) of 16 GF4 Ti cards, go to www.hardware.info that cleared up the sky for me....go see for yourself!

Originally posted by Skwowwy
Hmm, I prefer nVidia to ATI. :p It's just me, but I've always had positive experiences with nVidia. :)

Besides, the ATI Radeon 9500 series are even more expensive than the GeForce4 Ti4600 series. :p

And I don't like buying hardware online. I prefer offline, because I can test if it all works or not. If it doesn't, I can always exchange the hardware. :D

And when will I get the answer about the video out thingie? *has asked that 3 times now* :p Not to brag or anything, I just wanna know...

http://www.chip.de/produkte_tests/unterseite_produkte_tests_8875787.html

that should give you an idea about the pricing of the 9500/9500pro...

I had suggested the 9500 because of nextgen features.. thats all.. and similar price.. and ati almost always has video out.. ever since radeon came out they had video out..

most nvidia should support it as well :)

but I think the last few posts should have you on your way to getting the card you want...

happy hunting..

Alrighty! Thanks for your responses, guys. :) I appreciate it. I'll go and check the sites you've given me.

I've looked at that German site about Radeon and I'm quite impressed, but I still don't have it, as I still prefer nVidia over ATI, and besides, I don't need a THAT powerful card. :p A GeForce4 Ti4200 will do for me. Or maybe even Ti4400, we'll see. *goes to check out the Dutch sites* :D

And it's also nice to know that here are also Dutch people. ;) Hoe is het leven daar? :p

Okay, after looking through the comparisation table at hardware.info and reading the reviews there, I've finally decided for the ASUS V8420 Deluxe GeForce4 Ti4200 128 MB DDR 3.3 ns. card. :D

This is my wish list:
- ASUS V8420 Deluxe GeForce4 Ti4200 128 MB DDR 3.3 ns.
- Enermax PSU ATX 350 Watt CD EG365P-VE(FM)
- Small/medium sized fan to suck in cold air.

How's that, eh? :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back