GeForce4 Ti4200

I've talked with my parents about it and they agreed with it. Yay! :D

However, they think the intake fan isn't needed, as it's usually cool here in the basement, and in the summer the air will get warm, so it'll blow in warm air instead of cold air, so it's not really useful.

Besides, when my bigger fan blows out the warm air out of the case, the air pressure changes, and cold air will go inside the case through three holes I've made below the fan. After all, warm air goes up and cold air goes down.

Will that work? Or do I REALLY need an intake fan? In my opinion, I don't think I'll need an intake fan. My parents persuaded me. :p

if the intake holes are anywhere close to the exhaust fan, it will render the fan practically useless. it will basically just be sucking in air through those hole(s) and blowing it right back out... leaving your cpu out in the cold... er, heat.

to keep this kind of thing from happenening, always keep air moving out the back and coming into the front. intake fans aren't necessary, so you don't really need any in the front. just make sure all holes in the back are either taped up or have a fan blowing hot air out of them. outside air will find it's way in through the front.

What do you mean "in the front"? The case is completely sealed. There are no holes in the front of the case. Only at behind the case.

But I guess you're right. I'll seal the holes soon. Just explain me what to do to get the outside air inside the case. My computer is a Compaq Presario 5000, as you can see in my signature.

normally you have intake fans in the front at the bottom and exhaust at the top at the back of the case... you seem to have space for the fans at the back... I think thats what taurus was saying...

:)

try out your seup skowwy when you get it... if you think the case temps are too high... I am sure people here can suggest some mods to make it a cooler system on the inside...

as is... if its reasonably cool in your basement you should be fine :)

congrats on the rig... :)

Ah, I see. Well, seeing that this computer is a Compaq Presario, the case at the front is sealed. There's no hole or anything like that. I've already closed the holes at the back. I suppose the outside air will get inside after all. It's impossible to completely seal the case. :p

Besides, my motherboard doesn't have ANY sensors at all. Only my HDs have SMART features. The new HD also has a temperature sensor. And that's all. :p So I can't really check what the temperature is inside the case. >_< I wish I could. I'm really curious about it.

And thanks! I can't wait for my birthday! :D

glad i could help you out there skwowwy...:D, en ja alles is goed hier hoor:D enjoy your card and suc6 met je systeem:D

$131, @ www.newegg.com
http://www.msicomputer.com./product/vga/vga_detail.asp?model=G4Ti4200-TD

MSI G4Ti4200-TD (8870-030) GF4 TI4200 64MB 128bit TV-OUT DVI VGA Card Retail
Specifications: Memory: 64MB DDR SDRAM
Video Output Function:TV-out (S-Video connector)DVI Connector
AGP 4X / 2X and AGP Texturing support
Up to 10.4 GB/sec. memory bandwidth
136 million triangles/sec. setup engine
4.8 billion AA sample/sec. fill rate
1.23 trillion operations/sec.
8 texels per clock cycle
Support operation system under Windows® XP/2000/NT/ME/98/95
Resolutions 640x480 - 2048x1536 at 60Hz

Don't worry about it, jkoXP. It's all been settled already, if you didn't know (see my previous posts :p). Thanks anyway, but I'm going for the ASUS 128 MB version. :D

watch is skwowwy, there is a normal version, without all the crap and stuff, and the deluxe version.....be sure which one you get

Don't worry. My computer store only has the Deluxe ones anyway. :p Thanks for your concern, but everything's settled. :)

Sorry to be such a nuisance, but I have a couple more questions. :p

My computer store also has ASUS V8440 Deluxe GeForce4 Ti4400 128 MB.

The questions are as follows (and I hope you can answer both of them):
- The RAM of 4200 is 3.3 ns. Is this also the case with the 4400 card?
- Is the package exactly the same as the V8420 Deluxe package (well, other than the new card specifications :p)?

If the answers are both positive, I'll go for a Ti4400 then. :D I'm a greedy guy. :p

you can either get thej 4200 and oc it to 4400 speeds or buy the 4400 and have more oc'ing headroom :)

personally if money not an object.. get the 4400 is my choice

i've got a question not that connect to the subject but...
does Abit manufactures good graphic cards and motherboards?

i'd personally go with either MSI and ASUS for the mobo...and Point of View or ASUS for the graphics....

and skwowwy....why get such an expensive card if you can crank the Point of View GF4 Ti4200 XP 128 DDR up to Ti4600 level....pay less...get the same friggin speeds...:D

I guess you're right, Sazar and G-Lizard. I'll stick with the 4200 one then. :D It looks like the 4400 one is a bit too expensive after all: 399 Euros. :p

Thanks again. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back