Geforce4 Ti 4200 and Geforce FX 5600 ... confusing..

N

Nedreplan

I keep reading the reviews on Geforce FX 5600 and compare it with Ti 4200 and 4600...

In many ways and words it sounds like the "Ti"-cards are better, only the FX 5900 can truly kick them, or??...

The "Ti"-cards have better fill rate, but do the "FX"-cards balance that up in another way? And how much do the CineFX do on older games? And The AA doesn't seem too top notch on the "FX"-cards..but are they better on the "Ti"-cards? or...

Who will actually gain on exchanging the "Ti"-card to a "FX"-card, 5600 or 5200...? I can understand that the 5900 is a different matter.......

:confused:

My Ti4400 runs same as my GFX5200 Ultra

The only real benefit of GFX that i can see is DX9 compatibility.

NOt really any :( The Doom III alpha is pretty nice. I would download that if you want to test which does better in DX9.

Originally posted by HandyBuddy
NOt really any :( The Doom III alpha is pretty nice. I would download that if you want to test which does better in DX9.

Have you tried it? Any major difference?

Originally posted by HandyBuddy

first of all... an alpha is no representation of the final code... if you are judging the purchase of a product based on this it is completely fallacious :)

a reworking of that idealogy may be in order..

secondly... and this is the MAIN point... doom III == opengl... NOT direct x...

as far as the game is concerned... doom III is for all intents and purposes a dx7 LEVEL game... there are a few specific features that newer cards will be able to handle better/faster than older cards..

Originally posted by Nedreplan
I keep reading the reviews on Geforce FX 5600 and compare it with Ti 4200 and 4600...

In many ways and words it sounds like the "Ti"-cards are better, only the FX 5900 can truly kick them, or??...

The "Ti"-cards have better fill rate, but do the "FX"-cards balance that up in another way? And how much do the CineFX do on older games? And The AA doesn't seem too top notch on the "FX"-cards..but are they better on the "Ti"-cards? or...

Who will actually gain on exchanging the "Ti"-card to a "FX"-card, 5600 or 5200...? I can understand that the 5900 is a different matter.......

:confused:

the best of the bunch will be the 5600ultra ( at least the re-spun version) since it is about as fast as the ti4600 and it also has dx9 support...

this is the way I would rank them...

5600ultra == gf4 ti 4600 > gf4 ti 4200 > 5600 non-Ultra...

note : 5600ultra == gf4 ti 4600 in dx8 and below... in dx9 5600ultra > gf4 ti 4600...

hope this helps...

Thanks Sazar!

It does... As I run the Ti4200 I will not notice any REAL difference unless I get myself a 5900... But those cost abit :eek:

Then I have to consider if it is worth the money... :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back