GeForce4 MX 440 vs. Radeon 7000

V

viraxine

Which one is better? They are both $100 and I'm going to buy either one, so I need your opinions.

NOTE: I can't remember if the Radeon was a 7000 or a 9000, I'll check tomorrow, heh. Silly me.

100$ for a GF4MX 440?? :eek: Over here it costs 64€ (about the same in $) and hardware is generally cheaper in the US/Canada than in Europe.

Hold on for a moment....

Okay, back from checking newegg : ;) 40$ for a GF4MX440!

So I suggest you save yourself some money and go look for another store or to spend the same amount of money and get an better card at another store :D .

The Radeon 7000 is at 30$ but REALLY not worth it. Just too old. The Radeon 9000 would come at about 65$ and its successor, the 9100 at about 80$.

Maybe you could think about the GF4 Ti4200 which is a pretty decent card (I have one!). At newegg:

XFX GF4 Ti4200 8X AGP 128MB 256 bit DVI, VIVO RETAIL 117$

Good luck, and stay away from GF4 MX's!:D

Originally posted by viraxine
NOTE: I can't remember if the Radeon was a 7000 or a 9000, I'll check tomorrow, heh. Silly me.
big difference! :D
if it's a 7000, get the mx440... if it's a 9000, get the 9000!

[edit] hmm... yeah, $100 for a gf4mx??

in terms of performance and features... your purchase should be

1. radeon 9000PRO (no need buying the non-pro)
2. gf4mx if you must
3. radeon 7000 (NOT a recommended buy.. it is a very dated card)

I Would splurge an extra few bucks to perhaps garner the radeon 9100 series card or the gf4 ti 4200 (highly recommended if you can get it)

no need to bottleneck yourself for a few dollars :)

Originally posted by PeterGee1
The Radeon 7000 is (...)REALLY not worth it. Just too old. The Radeon 9000 (...) and its successor, the 9100 (...)

Maybe you could think about the GF4 Ti4200 which is a pretty decent card (I have one!).

Good luck, and stay away from GF4 MX's!

Originally posted by Sazar

2. gf4mx if you must

I Would splurge an extra few bucks to perhaps garner the radeon 9100 series card or the gf4 ti 4200 (highly recommended if you can get it)

Hehe looks like someone's getting some unanimous advice for a change... :p

Originally posted by PeterGee1
Hehe looks like someone's getting some unanimous advice for a change... :p

whatcha talking bout willis ? :confused:

:D

Thanks for the advice, peoples.

BTW, it's $100 Canadian (I'm in Ontario) and it's at a local Radio Shack.

I'll go back today to make sure the Radeon wasn't a 7000...if it's the 9000, then I'll definetly pick it up over the MX440.

Thanks again! :D

Oh, one more thing: is the Radeon 9000 better than the 8500LE? The 8500LE is in my main system and it really needs updating. If the 9000 is better than I'll put the 8500LE into my other system and use the 9000 for my gaming.

Thanks for the advice, peoples.

BTW, it's $100 Canadian (I'm in Ontario) and it's at a local Radio Shack.

I'll go back today to make sure the Radeon wasn't a 7000...if it's the 9000, then I'll definetly pick it up over the MX440.

Thanks again! :D

make sure its a radeon 9000PRO... :)

better card by far over the regular 9000...

I edited my post as your were posting your reply Sazar, there's another question in it.

Oh, one more thing: is the Radeon 9000 better than the 8500LE? The 8500LE is in my main system and it really needs updating. If the 9000 is better than I'll put the 8500LE into my other system and use the 9000 for my gaming.

2. gf4mx if you must

OK well here it is my 1000th post and I just wanted to say that the Ti4200 is a fantasic buy for the $ ... I have nothing but good things to say about that card I just got one a month ago MSI Ti4200 128mb 8x AGP and it is a great card for the $ I know there are better cards and there always will be better cards but I am very happy with my card and no I am not an anti ATI, I have both and will buy a high end ATI next but for now I went with the Ti4200 because I wanted to try it ......... YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYA 1000TH POST FOR THE FROGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Oh, one more thing: is the Radeon 9000 better than the 8500LE?
the 8500 le is a little faster than the 9000pro.

the 9500pro is better than the 4200ti.. and can turn into the 9700 with a click of a button (kind of).

Canada cheaper Eh?... with all teh added tax i dont think so.

Anyways how the F**K can you compare a GF4 mx to a Radeon 7000 pro, GF4 MX doesnt even support Pixel shading (i think):huh:

Originally posted by Flatbeat_Eddy
Anyways how the F**K can you compare a GF4 mx to a Radeon 7000 pro, GF4 MX doesnt even support Pixel shading (i think):huh:
no, it doesn't... but neither does the 7000...? nor is there a pro version.

unless you meant 9000pro.. then nevermind me. :p

whatcha talking bout willis ? :confused:

Ooooooooohhhhhhh I know that one:confused: :confused: .Is it .... Arnold saying that? I was just a kid then :happy:

Originally posted by dubstar
the 9500pro is better than the 4200ti.. and can turn into the 9700 with a click of a button (kind of).

well not quite.. only the 9500 NON-pro can be modded to a 9700non-pro via softwre hack IF you are lucky enough to get a 9500non-pro on a 9700 non-pro PCB...

thats a VERY big if nowadays...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back