geforce4 help tearing

H

HaZe

Im running amd xp +1800 windows xp 512 memery monitor running at 75hz most opengl games like quake3 the images tear... and plz dont tell me enable vsync i heard that so much.. help plz

More info needed

What GeForce4 are you using? MX, 4200, etc.? And are you overclocking your card at all? Overclocking can cause lots of tearing if you go too high. One more thing: does it tear only with OpenGL or with DirectX as well?

Haze

No i didnt overclock it....... it's geforce4 ti 4200

What drivers are you using ? i run a Assus Ti420 128meg and it runs fantastic on the official Assus drivers even overclocked but when i updated to the latest Nvidia drivers 40.72 i have noticed slight tearing more so if i overclock the card also i should point out that i overclock my CPU Athlon XP 2200 at 145 FSB so that in effect allso overclocks my card my point being that if your using Nvidia Det's maybe you should try using the official manufacturers drivers??? having said all that though i am still using the latest Det's as they give me the best score in 3D Mark but i am considering swapping back as TV output seems a little vauge to say the least with the latest Det's Crap for watching movies

Detonator Drivers

You can download the latest Detonator drivers from Nvidia here. If you want drivers released by your card's manufaturer try looking on the manufaturer's website. I personally use the Detonators, version 41.09, because they are a little less bloated then drivers developed by manufaturers. Not that those drivers are bad; they usually contain stuff that can be useful or help your card run better.

I use a PNY Ti 4600. By going to the PNY site I found that the BIOS settings are very important for PNY cards. Here are the BIOS settings for a PNY MX card.

This may not be the brand name of you card but it shows what I mean about the importance of BIOS settings....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back