GeForce2 and 28.32

M

mcdruid

Can anyone tell me if there's much point in my updating to the latest NVidia drivers - I have a 64MB GeForce2 MX200 w TV out

(I'm using 28.32 now, but wonder if I should bother keeping an eye on new releases)

Are these new drivers really just for GeForce 3's & 4's... will they do anything for my card?

thanks,

mcdruid

Good Question I have a MX200 And often don't bother keeping up the frequent releases...

If your a gamer it would be benefitial to keep up with them...

unless your a hardcore gamer forget newer releases unless your having crashing problems. just download the new "official" drivers as they come out and forget getting any of the beta crap

Thanks for the responses guys.

I'm not really a hard core gamer - but I like to have all my hardware running as well as possible (like most people on this forum it seems!)

Just found: http://www.xp-erience.org/download.php?op=viewsdownload&sid=4

(coolbits reg download)

There's more info/guidance on using this tweak at:

http://www.tweak3d.net/articles/gfmxoc/

...guide to overclocking the GeForce2 MX

I've done it & got mine running at:

Core clock: 190mhz
Memory clock: 185mhz

(defaults are:

Core: 175mhz
Memory: 166mhz)

Mine hasn't melted yet - but it's only got a passive heatsink on it.. I might turn the settings back down a little to avoid tears before bedtime!

cheers,

mcdruid.

XP Pro
Athlon 1000mhz
LEX BN780Ultra (VIA KT133A chipset)
64MB Geforce2 MX200
512MB SDRAM PC133
30GB FUJITSU HD
56k modem / network / SB PCI128 etc..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back