Geforce or AIT Radeon 9800Pro 256mb

Bleakboy

OSNN Junior Addict
Today the Ati Radeon shipped there 256mb Ram version of the 9800pro , my question is that i am looking to get a new graphics card do i get this one, or do I wait till after E3 and see what Graphics Card Nvidia are coming out with?? at the moment I have a GF4 ti4200 128mb Ram, any comments would be good

Wow...is it really out already? I'm betting it is mad expensive, but I guess if money is no object, go for it.

Waiting will always bring you the potential for bigger and better, especially in the computer world, where a span of a few months makes a difference. You just have to figure out what makes you happy and be happy with your decision. I have a feeling that a 256 MB Radeon 9800 Pro will make you quite happy for a while.

Melon

Originally posted by Bleakboy
Today the Ati Radeon shipped there 256mb Ram version of the 9800pro , my question is that i am looking to get a new graphics card do i get this one, or do I wait till after E3 and see what Graphics Card Nvidia are coming out with?? at the moment I have a GF4 ti4200 128mb Ram, any comments would be good

the nv35 is the card that nvidia is releasing now...

basically it is not quite the card I thought it was going to be... it is for all intents and purposes an nv30 (gf FX 5800ultra) with a 256bit memory interface instead of the 128 bit interface of the nv30...

this means that the overall performance should be quite similar to the nv30 except with high LOD and AA and FSAA turned on...

overall performance should be around 15-20% better @ some settings than the nv30... (my opinion but then I over-guestimated the performance delta of the nv30... for more info on the nv35 follow the postings of Uttar @ the b3d or www.nvnews.net forums )

ati is releasing a higher clocked and tweaked version of the 9800pro later this year so that is also an option :)

however you are @ a point where the performance of all the top cards is quite close and there are features quoted for both ATi and Nvidia which are unlikely to be used for several months...

:)

getting either or should make you happy.. but wait for the FULL reviews of the nv35... the nda is not up AFAIK...

Originally posted by melon
I'm betting it is mad expensive, but I guess if money is no object, go for it.

it's not that expensive only $500:eek:

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back