GeForce II MX-400 64Mb question...

RagnaroK

Must be dreaming...
Hello y'all.
Gotta a question. At what speed (in nano-seconds) does the memory on an GeForce II MX-400 64Mb SD-RAM run at? Thanks! :D

i could only reccomend looking at tomshardware, or at the nvida web page.

i have a similar card, and can only tell you the clock frequencies.

it all depends on what speed of memory your manufacturer decided to put on that particular card. the only real way to find out is look on the memory chips, themselves. here is an example:

http://www.overclockersonline.com/images/articles/aopen/gf4mx/large/420mem.jpg

the "...-6" tells us those memory chips are rated at 6 nanoseconds (ns). on an sdram card like yours, this would mean 166mhz (1000/6=166.66). check your card to see what speed memory you have and you will be able to bump the memory speed up accordingly with no problem.

:eek: PWOAR! That's more info then what I expected to get! :D
Thanks for all ya help people!
BTW, taurus, I got the "-6" on the end of my chips, which suggest that my ram chips should be running at a default of 166Mhz. But when I use overclocking programs such as NVMax and Geforce Tweaking Utility, my ram chips run at a default of 334Mhz. Any ideas why? (And I pretty sure I don't have DDR)

hmm, i dunno. i think the mx 200 has 64-bit ddr (equal to 128-bit sd). maybe yours is like that? i'm not sure... but just treat the 333mhz like 166mhz x2.

Originally posted by desimatrix007
soo
200/183 for me?
gf2 mx 400 32 mb...
and it wont burn up???

yeh desimatrix007, you can do 200/183 easy!
I had mine on 240/190 once, and it worked like a breeze!
Stable and everthing, ran 3dmark 2001, and didn't blow up! :D

Ragnarock, u ran your gf2 mx core at 240!!?? how the heck did u manage to do that?, what cooling did u use I cant get past 216 mhz.

Are you guys kidding me? I was able to run my geforce2 mx 400 at 250Mhz core and 255Mhz memory. My card though was made by gainward with 4.8ns memory access time. And gainward is really known for the overclockablity of its video cards.

Originally posted by Cyber_Trooper
Ragnarock, u ran your gf2 mx core at 240!!?? how the heck did u manage to do that?, what cooling did u use I cant get past 216 mhz.

Nothing special, I'm using the card's default fan/heatskin combo that came with it! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back